Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
JamP
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

Both of us tried again. Denied, the CLI links and Thank you for being a valued customer links are Junk. These links might be worse then the Discover Prequal site..

I can understand mine being denied because its over 20k but my DW at $1500 and over 50% utilization on that card, we are trying to beat Discover into submission...

DW even asked in chat what it takes, the lady said apply whenever you want... 

I keep telling her it takes time.

Were both over 6 months since Discover approving a CLI. DW's $300 auto doesn't really count in my book.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 741 of 1,821
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

CaptainJ ;

I IIBed disover so who knows if and when I could get back in. So both ends of the spectrum may have a leg up on me. Does anyone recall seeing anything in this thread about getting back with discover after IIB?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disco is IIB in my BK7 dc 01/2011. Got back in with them 05/2015 with $800 SL.
Just woke up with a $2.1K CLI this morning from $3.9K to wait for it... a well rounded even steven $6K after being denied yesterday with the 5 day message. Got denied 3X already in the 15th of Apr, May and June with "Insufficient Experience" reason.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 742 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:
CaptainJ ;

I IIBed disover so who knows if and when I could get back in. So both ends of the spectrum may have a leg up on me. Does anyone recall seeing anything in this thread about getting back with discover after IIB?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disco is IIB in my BK7 dc 01/2011. Got back in with them 05/2015 with $800 SL.
Just woke up with a $2.1K CLI this morning from $3.9K to wait for it... a well rounded even steven $6K after being denied yesterday with the 5 day message. Got denied 3X already in the 15th of Apr, May and June with "Insufficient Experience" reason.

Congrats on the nice CLI, and getting the rounded number now, I like them too.  More importantly(grinning), thank you for sharing those dates with me.    My chapter 7 was discharged in 12/2011, and my Discover was denied in 10/2015 during my first rebuild spree.  My scores are much higher now though, so you've given me a strong feeling that I can be approved when I do my "round 2" stage in about 6 months. 

Then again, I did have a sizeable sum on the card when IIB.  Then again yet still, I did pay on it for years before deciding to file, so who knows?  Either way, you've encouraged me.  

Message 743 of 1,821
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I just asked my step daughter to request an increase. Apparently they gave her a $1000 increase already. She didn't notice. She's had the card since Aug of 2016. Started with a $1000 limit. It was $2000 when she pulled up the account today. AAoA 1 yr with a 779TU. They gave her another $1000 today for a total of $3000. This is a student Discover card. Having her to open a SSL along with adding her as an AU to a couple of my cards, has really jump started her credit! 

Message 744 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried for another manual CLI last week at the 30/31-day mark from my first CLI. Denied, and the letter came in yesterday with the "insufficient experience at this credit limit" explanation, which wasn't really unexpected. I'll give it another shot next month at the 60/61-day mark.

Message 745 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Picked up $500 this morning. 47 days after my last CLI. I officially have a $5k card now Smiley Very Happy Think Chase will match for me?

Message 746 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Picked up $500 this morning. 47 days after my last CLI. I officially have a $5k card now Smiley Very Happy Think Chase will match for me?

Nice.  Hitting $5k is a good feeling.  Chase may follow suit in time, especially if your Discover limit grows some more in the upcoming months. 

Message 747 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a chase amazon card for almost 1 year and no CLI yet but I heard they were very picky but I wasn't execting Discover to become so tight!

Message 748 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I would share my data here today for my disco journey so far. 

Approved 12/2016 for 3000

No auto love at 3 months. 

5/5/2017 hit the request button ... 3000 increase to 6000. At time of increase had zero balance but that month reported 600 close. I paid it. Waited for it to post and requested. 

7/17/2017 hit the request button. Immediate decline. With a will receive mail in 3 to 5 days. This time my statement did not cut and I have about 350 in charges on it it. 

Scores ex 740 and TU 705. 

Only new account added was chase Amazon.

Not sure if my info will help any others but thought I would post. Was disappointed at the decline as I give disco all of my love. Will try again in a month or two. 

Message 749 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

just denied 31 days CLI from Disco. Last one was $300 CLI  june 16, I will try again next month 61 days (marked on my calendar!) - TU 682. Limit only $1800.Smiley Sad

Message 750 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.