Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

Got new Disco card today, pretty nice looking, also got letter from Equihack that my Disco was compromised early on so maybe thats why i got issued new card. EQ stinksSmiley Wink
Message 1231 of 1,821
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Don't put the Amazon card in the shredder it will foul it up. You can request a mailer to send it back.. gotcha with metal cards
Message 1232 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second statement post-graduation was yesterday so this morning I did a CLI request -- denied!  More shredder mail on its way.

I did confirm that Discover TU FICO provided was correct -- 699 with an unpaid tax lien.  Still at $2500 that was my secured limit and now my unsecured limit.

121 days until that card becomes useless for me anyway, so I assume and believe when I apply for my second Discover product it'll have a useful credit limit.  I also noticed that Credit Karma still lists this card as a "Secured Credit Card" so it'll be interesting to see if the next pull there drops that.  I know it doesn't matter, but it'll be great to see it disappear.

Message 1233 of 1,821
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Hey guys .. I tried the preapproval site and got denied due to having a new discover account already

they offered EQ FICO score but didn't say which version

Untitled.png

do you think its FICO 8 ??

Message 1234 of 1,821
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@patoot10 wrote:

Hey guys .. I tried the preapproval site and got denied due to having a new discover account already

they offered EQ FICO score but didn't say which version

Untitled.png

do you think its FICO 8 ??

Yes 08.. You must have the first Discover card a year prior to getting a 2nd one.

Message 1235 of 1,821
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation

Discvoer effectively offers all FICO 8 Score for free yay !

Message 1236 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@patoot10 wrote:

Discvoer effectively offers all FICO 8 Score for free yay !

The question here is can you continue to search for pre-qualified offers (and get denied due to having a card opened in the last year) and still be provided with a new EQ FICO 08 score?

Message 1237 of 1,821
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Of course .. the denial letter says you can try again after a week .. so technically its a weekly EQ FICO 8 score

so far I had 3 different scores when trying this to its definitely working

Message 1238 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely a cool "trick" for anyone that's opened a Discover card within the last year!

Message 1239 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied cli again for the 9th month in a row.

Message 1240 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.