Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

@kilroy8 wrote:

@garagebandking wrote:

They have until the end of the month to give me a meaningful CLI...at that point I'll have my double CB I suspect and if no CLI...bye bye Disco...

Was not impressed.

Going to give up 5% back on gas in Q1 because of no CLI? Kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If I was getting 10% maybe I'd keep it and use it. But I have other cards that offer gas rewards (2% or so). The $9 or so difference for 3 months of keeping the card and having to monitor it etc...blah. I don't tailor the cards I carry to my spend...I can't be bothered as I only have 5 slots in my slim card carrier (2 credit, 2 debit and my ID). My spend is all over the place and I'd rather not go in and out of my safe everyday thinking of what I'm going to buy today and finding the card that will net me a whole extra dollar or point that day. Just not my game. I'm too moody with my shopping.

As of late I've been using Amex a lot...its streaky.

Right now I'm more focused on bigger CL and fewer cards anyway. I'm getting tired of keeping track of everything.

Message 1311 of 1,821
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vegas4Play wrote:

I was finally able to get another SP increase on my Disco it. I have sat at 26K since Feb. I quite asking for increases I think in August or Sept.

I asked last night and they finally gave in an shot me 3.5k bringing me to 29.5k Why couldnt they make it an even 30k. I never would have asked again. I had paid off a 1300.00 balance from amazon 2 months ago, no use since. 

I opened many new accounts last month, TU 764 as last ran by them in November.

Congratulations, Vegas4Play! Smiley Happy

While my increase was a little more modest, Disco just approved me for a CLI tonight when I hit the button. $300 CLI to take me from $4200 to $4500. I know it's not much, but to me it's huge! I've been in the apping for too much credit doghouse, I believe. My last CLI was on 5/27/17, so it's been 6 months. I've been almost 3 months app free, and I am paying down a BT I put on my Disco Card. I think they are liking that! Smiley Happy

Thanks Bella wish it was 30k, but its an increase all the same. Hubby went from 11k to 16.5k with 2 day message

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 1312 of 1,821
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My suggestion is to always do your request on the first Monday following your payment/reporting/score update on Discover.  This is assuming your profile is strengthening from month to month, of course.

Thanks for the info brutal. I'll try that in Jan.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 1313 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

My story with discover will get a few plp upset but it just goes to show you they all over the place with their CLIs (like my usage), to me they've been like bad weed and no matter what you do to it still grows.

-opened in jun 2015 SL 5k fico 8 tu 728

-first 3 stmnts nice 2% util

-4th stmnt maxed it out as my score plummets

-continues reporting 95%+ util for 4 more stmnts, score hits rock bottom 599

-8th stmnt comes with a credit limit REDUCTION to 4700

-9th stmnt balance pif

- 9-14th stmnt maintned average util 8% (highest 28%), score improves in ascending order to 716

-and then madness, statement number 14 comes with an auto cli to 10,400, absolutely blowing every other card I have by twice as much I'm like, why? lol

-15th stmnt I decided to once again treat it like a filthy wh.. and put a BT on it of 90%+

- 15-23th balance paid off, score improves to 757 along

- 24th-current 2% util, score at 764

- on stmnt 25th I hit the cli button and it asked for a hp, had a long exchange with OP as to why and decided to take the hp to see if that would unclog whatever internal file issue was going on, got 1500.

- waited 60 days and hit the button, again request for a hp

- waited 120 days, request for a hp, so I think this is it

Message 1314 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got another auto-CLI this weekend, to $4,500 from $3,600, as advised by an email from Discover just after 11 pm last night. The CLI doesn't seem to have been updated to my account yet, however, since when I logged in it was still at the previous credit limit. I decided to see if I could double-dip and put in a CLI request via the "luv" button, and got a $300 CLI offer which I accepted. This should bring my total line to $4,800, or at least $3,900 counting only the $300 CLI. I suppose the $900 auto-CLI hasn't updated yet because it's a Sunday.

EDIT: As of this morning (12/10), my credit line has been updated to $4,500, but the $300 CLI I applied for yesterday is missing. Odd.

Message 1315 of 1,821
GFer
Valued Contributor

Adding a data point that is strange to me. I've had my disco since 10/15. My CL started at $12,000 with my scores around 821. My income is just below $50k. I am coming up on 11 months into an additional 12 mo interest free promo that I asked for. My current balance on the card is $9,200 of $30,400.  This past year, they had given me two increases of $6,000 each! I was delirious with those!

I asked again two or three days ago, fully expecting to be turned down because of the balance I'm carrying. They increased my cl by another $4,000!  I am still shocked at this outcome!  My scores are 847 across the board.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1316 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GFer wrote:

Adding a data point that is strange to me. I've had my disco since 10/15. My CL started at $12,000 with my scores around 821. My income is just below $50k. I am coming up on 11 months into an additional 12 mo interest free promo that I asked for. My current balance on the card is $9,200 of $30,400.  This past year, they had given me two increases of $6,000 each! I was delirious with those!

I asked again two or three days ago, fully expecting to be turned down because of the balance I'm carrying. They increased my cl by another $4,000!  I am still shocked at this outcome!  My scores are 847 across the board.

More often than not, I've seen more CLs for folks who do 0% offers over a long period of time than anything else!  Including with Chase, Discover, etc.

I've never carried a balance even at 0% but I think I may have to try this in the future if I get a 0% offer.  I'd keep it under 28.9% and total utilization under 8.9% but might be interesting to see if it helps get a CLI!

My Discover December CLI request is about a week or so away...impatient!

Message 1317 of 1,821
GFer
Valued Contributor

I did not know that! Good to know.

This wasn't a BT, though. I made a few large purchases and used it basically as my 'go to' card during this period. 

Message 1318 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that!

I definitely would give this a try once my credit limit is useful.  Right now at $2500, I could only let $722 go at 0% and that's kinda goofy.

Message 1319 of 1,821
GFer
Valued Contributor

lol

You never know, though! Maybe it would help with the increases!  I just looked at my spreadsheet. In 11/2016 was actually one of the $6k increases, I had no balance, as I paid in full. 2/17 I did the same.

Message 1320 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.