Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

This latest round of Discover CLI attempts is a bit weird. I tried the luv button on Thursday, got turned down, decided to wait until Monday after the statement updated, then got an auto-CLI to $4.5K overnight Saturday/Sunday, tried another on-site CLI and got a $300 increase bumping me to $3.9K because the auto-CLI hadn't been applied to my account yet, then on Monday I see my account updated to $4.5k but the $300 CLI from Sunday is missing, and so I decided to give the luv button another shot just now and got turned down again. Odd.

Message 1321 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, how the mighty have fallen, 3rd page in apps, what???

Ah well, just updating got my cash back check today from Disco. Bittersweet ending to a crazy Disco yearSmiley Wink
Message 1322 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on snagging that!

I'm banking my cash back to redeem for gift cards. They're not all that great but I'm not in a rush and in a cheap MFer so $45->$50 sounds tasty. But I guess if you fired Discover, no access to that. And cash is King!
Message 1323 of 1,821
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow, how the mighty have fallen, 3rd page in apps, what???

Ah well, just updating got my cash back check today from Disco. Bittersweet ending to a crazy Disco yearSmiley Wink

Good to hear you got your cash back... I was hoping that was going to work out.  Smiley Happy

And who knows... since they ended things on a positive note you might even consider giving them another go at some point!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 1324 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, yeah, i guess i wont close the book too hard on the ol Disco ball and chain. Im actually realizing that my credit habits isnt really conducive to getting things like bt offers lol. When you are paying in full most times they probably have no incentives to offer bts. Even my Boa bbr has dried up the offers. Smiley Wink

Message 1325 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here to Monday, the disc rep said I can ask for a CLI..  See what happens lol

Message 1326 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on recently graduated Discover which has been $2500 when secured and after graduation.

Denied first two CLI requests. Denied third one a week before statement and a fourth one a week after.

TU 701 per Discover.

Will try again January 16th.

Message 1327 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

F discover...  I graduated, and was told to try after my next statement for an increase above my SL of 200 when it was secured.   I got another decline due to inexperience with current limit... It's then only limit I've ever had with them lol.    The rest of my cards dwarf the discover and it was my first one in the rebuild process.    

@AJC.  At this rate, I maybe joining you soon.   

Message 1328 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry to hear that Jago, $200 just isnt enough to entice you to use the card. Set a goal for how long youll give it then you may have to either reapp it down the road or just move on. Its still early for you though in terms that your score has alot of room to go . For me, i mean if 738 and monthly rise of my score didnt do it nothing would. Im sure where i live also was in their mind. I got my double cash back so im happy, baught me some Super Mario lolSmiley Wink.
Message 1329 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ill give them a year, I do want to use it for gas 5% next quarter, but 200 really will kill the utility until its paid.   Next one I can try for is not til 18th of Jan.  I have an amex I can use for 3x points so I'm not sure about the discover.   Just loved then look of my NHL card

Awesome, can't go wrong with mario

Message 1330 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.