$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 1111 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

So nearly at the end of August I called Discover to ask about a CLI since my limit had been stuck at $2,250 for a few years and to PC the More into the It card. They gave me a $1,450 increase to make my CL $3.7k and changed my More into the It. However, it took them about two weeks to convert my More card into the It card and I recenlty received my new Discover It card in the mail. I haven't used the card since I first opened it much which is about 8yrs ago. I just have a bill that I charge onto it every month.

If you count from my last CLI, its been about 1.5mth since I asked for it. But if you count from when they finally converted my More card into the It card, its just about a month. Do you think I should try for a CLI on the website or should I just wait a little more?

Update! LOL I went ahead and asked for CLI on the website. They gave me a CLI of $1.5k which makes my new CL total $5.2k. I hate these weird limits lol

Message 1112 of 1,821
shoegal
Valued Contributor

No first Discover CLI for me! No reason was given but that I will get a letter in the mail. I locked all of my reports recently since my mail got stolen so not sure if that plays a part on that. Other than that I've always paid on time, did a balance transfer and paid it. My overall utility is 5% right now and all cards are zero except 1. 

Message 1113 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured data points:

• Card approved March 17, 2017
  • Secured balance was $2500
  • Six statements cut (Apr 23, May 23, Jun 23, Aug 13, Sep 13, Oct 13) -- no statement in July due to payment due date change
  • Graduation email at 4am on October 17, 2017 -- exactly 7 months but only 6 statements
  • NO CLI on graduation.  When I go to CLI request I see it still says $50 cash advance limit, so I am waiting for that to go up before putting in a CLI request because I assume that number tells you if their internally still looking at it as secured.  Will report back on CLI request once that changes.

I would really love this card at $6000 since I have a $5980 cruise to pay off by December 22 and would love to do it in one fell swoop and get that 1%+1% back on it rather than paying it in 3 chunks and PIFing every 3 days, lol.

Cross your fingers for me to get some CLIs this month and November and December...

Message 1114 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Go get them AbcdSmiley Happy
Sorry shoegal Smiley Sad.

Tried again , i believe its officially 90 days since last $500 bump, but no go.maybe try tomorrow one more time. If adiscover monkeys can throw darts, ajc's can kick rocksSmiley Wink
Message 1115 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fwiw, discover secured graduation email came Monday at 4am. Check arrived today. Digital deposit into Chase and should clear funds quickly.
Message 1116 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im trying to rattle the Disco cli dart throwing monkeys into slippin on a banan peel and give me some potassium KSmiley Happy, ive hulk smashed like 5 days straight. I just may annoy them until dec 31 2017, ive gotten nothing better to do sitting here in dark lolSmiley Happy
Message 1117 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

AverageJonesCredit

I've received auto CLIs every 6 months. I've got my card in Feb 2016. Since Feb 17, I've tried to maually request a CLI but only been succesful twice (once every 4 months). I think you'll need 3-4 months mimimum with the current limit for them approve a CLI request Smiley Happy

Message 1118 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Goblue15Smiley Happy ill have some fun til November than lay off til i get back my electric, oh i guess in 2018Smiley Wink
Message 1119 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you'll need 3-4 months mimimum with the current limit for them approve a CLI request Smiley Happy

This really is profile-specific.  There are people that can't get a CLI in a year, while there are others that can get one every month for 3-4 months in a row.

Message 1120 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.