Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

Called Discover today to inquire some transactions.

Told CSR about my current CL OCD of $9,900. Yes, weird number..

Asked me if I wanted to try a CLI.. I said sure why not if its not a HP, and we agreed its not..

Came back to me and approved me for $500. Another weird number, current CL now is $10,400. I'll take it.. At least its over the hump and kind of rhyme with 10/4 LOL.

Message 1421 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to add another data set to this thread. I've had my Discover It card for a little over two years now. The SL was $5,000 with no auto CLI ever. I rarely use this card, maybe $500 since opening the account. I decided to see if I would get approved for a CLI on their web portal while I was working through the 3X CLI for my Amex BCE. I ended up getting an increase of $2,500 for a total of $7,500. Looking to grow this card as well. From what I've read so far, some members have been having luck in the 31 day range, while some at the 61 day. I'll give it a go and update with my progress.

Message 1422 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Guess i made it official today. Back in with DiscoverSmiley Happy

Approved 5k, 0% for 18months BT offer, double cash back again. Wanted EQ, explained the issues i was having, accepted EX. 1 hp, TU 758( this shocked me as last month my score dropped to 736) i believe 5 hps showing at time, 4 falling off in next 60 daysSmiley Happy. Look to treat differently now, ive given up my hulk smashingSmiley Happy. In it for the long hall, so no rush on cli requests for nowSmiley Happy. Original card opened in 2016 closed late 2017. Original sl was $2500, closed at 4k.
Message 1423 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats AVJ!
Gonna miss that hulk smashing
Message 1424 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Guess i made it official today. Back in with DiscoverSmiley Happy

Approved 5k, 0% for 18months BT offer, double cash back again. Wanted EQ, explained the issues i was having, accepted EX. 1 hp, TU 758( this shocked me as last month my score dropped to 736) i believe 5 hps showing at time, 4 falling off in next 60 daysSmiley Happy. Look to treat differently now, ive given up my hulk smashingSmiley Happy. In it for the long hall, so no rush on cli requests for nowSmiley Happy. Original card opened in 2016 closed late 2017. Original sl was $2500, closed at 4k.

I will go to the temple of Disco and see what the oracle says  I will report back in about 48 hours. I will send you one Disco making discover great t shirt or windbreaker to wear. Which  do you prefer?  

Message 1425 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can tell AJC was coming back just by how hard he slammed the door when he left.Smiley Tongue

Message 1426 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover may have dried up again for me earlier this week.  I received an instant $500 CLI from my online request last Monday.  The last time I received a $500 CLI from them, I went 9 months without getting another CLI.  All of my CLIs prior to that $500 were in the $3k-$5k range, and my two prior to this $500 CLI earlier this week were for 4k-$5k.  I'll do my usual request on the first Monday of next month and then again in April and if both get denied I have a feeling that it's a sign that I'll probably go just about the rest of 2018 without a CLI based on previous history with the same scenario on my profile.

Message 1427 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think many of the disco cards stall out between $9 and $11K.  At that point its hard to put enough use on them to get more cli.  I got the not enough use message last time.  

Message 1428 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Congrats AVJ!
Gonna miss that hulk smashing

Thanks HolliemSmiley Happy I think its time to bring out the Luther Vandross and if that dont work some Keith SweatSmiley Wink. Better yet Disco needs to be USHERed into the AJC era , NICE AND SLOW hahaSmiley Happy

Message 1429 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

You can tell AJC was coming back just by how hard he slammed the door when he left.Smiley Tongue

HahaSmiley Happy My new card came in with the Island cover just before i closed my last one. Well since Maria pretty much smashed the island, i went the golden route this time in search for El DoradoSmiley Happy

Ps, only hulk smash with adult supervision,, it has dire consequences when not done rightSmiley Wink

Message 1430 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.