Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

New Discover card is shipping today. I got a text notification on my phone of a new shipping label created at USPS in Salt Lake City, Utah, and was a bit perplexed until I remembered that Discover is headquartered in SLC. Discover is the only credit-card issuer I've done business with to date that goes to the trouble of shipping out cards via tracked USPS shipping, which is nice, plus which their packaging for cards is the fanciest I've personally seen a new credit card come in.

UPDATE 3/17: The new card arrived yesterday and I activated it last night. It so happens that the next 5% quarterly (April - June) is for grocery stores, so I think I'll cycle my usual grocery purchases through the new card (and put the cash I'd usually have spent back into the card) through June to build rewards up quickly.

Message 1481 of 1,821
stinastina
Established Contributor

I got mine yesterday as well, via USPS with tracking - very cool. I also opted for the grocery rewards beginning in April.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 1482 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got around 3 preaprovals on the mail from February to early March, when I applied there was a Checkbox for students, clicked on it and kept filling the application. At last I was approve 1k SL at 17.24 rate with 6month 0% APR. Would of had been better to app for the normal Discover it instead of the student one?
Message 1483 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 3rd statement just cut. I'm trying to hold out a few days after my virgin denial of being unexperienced with CL.

Message 1484 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2nd 90 day CLI since they fix the button. Another $500. Didn't double dip cause I like "whole" numbers and it took me to 11K. Being at 10.5K was really bothersome to me these past 3 months. 

Message 1485 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had my Discover limit at an even whole thousand since the day I was approved all the way until today.  I figure when the limit finally gets to where I'm tired of growing it, I'll call them and have them CLD me $100-$900 down to the nearest thousand.

Message 1486 of 1,821
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Darn, I didnt get the SJS.  I got 500 on the first 90 day cli request.    Smiley Wink    

I love this forum.  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 1487 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

is discover not giving hp for approvals anymore? my wife got a discover card over a month ago and never got a hard pull

Message 1488 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's odd, Disco is not known for that.
Message 1489 of 1,821
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
That's odd, Disco is not known for that.

Lately there have been some reports of no hps when applying with preapprovals and/or credit scorecard subscribers.......

-J

Message 1490 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.