Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a chase amazon card for almost 1 year and no CLI yet but I heard they were very picky but I wasn't execting Discover to become so tight!

Discover has gotten really weird ever since they updated their systems in late March. They're very tight with some people, not so much so with others.

Message 751 of 1,821
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Reading through this thread I see that Discover is all over the map with regards to SCL and CLI.  And it doesn't seem as if anyone has been able to replicate AustinGuy's successes.  I was really hoping to, of course, but at least everyone's elses experiences have helped me manage my expectations.  

In case it helps anyone else, here's my Disco journey...

-- Opened March 17 2017.  My EX and EQ scores (what Discover pulled) were 654 and unknown, respectively.  SCL $7,500.

Started using it in April.  First month's usage was about 2,300.  I was going hard on the Home Improvement bonus but didn't yet realize it capped at 1,500.  Only paid the minimum payment that first May bill.

-- May.  About 300 in new charges.  Paid the June bill in full.

-- June.  Another couple hundred in charges.  On June 29th I hit the button and was given a $3,000 CLI.  Paid the July bill in full.

-- July.  Trying to be like AustinGuy, on July 18th I hit the button again and was declined.  I'm still waiting for my letter detailing why.  I think I may have gotten over excited and made the request too soon.  I'm going to wait -- this time a full month -- and try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 752 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is like the girl you casually date but she's Jealous of all the other girls....If you have other cards discover wants to be the only one and when you think about that it's kinda insane! who would only use discover? their the bottom feeder of credit cards. I used them for a balance transfer but after that's paid off I might just cancel the card in protest.

Message 753 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happyman......your way too good for Discover and their "bottom feeder" card. They are in the league of credit one and first premier. You should close it. 

Message 754 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol bottom feeder card of credit cardsSmiley Wink, Try doing a bt with the upper echelon cards like Credit One ,First Primiere, etc and see what happensSmiley Happy Smh Smiley Happy
Message 755 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol bottom feeder card of credit cardsSmiley Wink, Try doing a bt with the upper echelon cards like Credit One ,First Primiere, etc and see what happensSmiley Happy Smh Smiley Happy

If Happyman closes his card out of anger(like Pizza1 was proud to do with with BOA), does that make him a "Closer" like in this epic Glengarry Glen Ross scene? (Always be closing)  (warning, Alec Baldwin cusses a lot in this epic, Oscar-worthy monologue)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PE2hSqVnk

Message 756 of 1,821
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

New drinking game: Do a shot whenever happyman1976 [unhappywithdiscoverman1976?] says "bottom feeder card".  

Imma get plastered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 757 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhiteCleats wrote:

New drinking game: Do a shot whenever happyman1976 [unhappywithdiscoverman1976?] says "bottom feeder card".  

Imma get plastered.

LOL 😂

We all will be plastered! #brokenrecord 🍻🍺🍸🍹🍻🍺🍸🍹

Message 758 of 1,821
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@WhiteCleats wrote:

Imma get plastered.

LOL 😂

We all will be plastered! #brokenrecord 🍻🍺🍸🍹🍻🍺🍸🍹

You ever see Shallow Hal?  Where he's in the elevator with Tony Robbins explaining to him why all these supermodels aren't really all that hot and have tons of flaws?  

That. 

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 759 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats where i DISCOVERED inner beautySmiley Wink

On another positive note ive been hulk smashing the luv button everyday this week for fits and giggles hoping they tire of printing letters for denials and either give me a cli or at least show me a 2 daySmiley Wink.

Actually the 27th should be day 90 since last five hunsky so if the puter is gonna give one should be next week. Woohoo 6 more days to Avenge those denialsSmiley Wink
Message 760 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.