Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

@WhiteCleats wrote:

In case it helps anyone else, here's my Disco journey...

-- Opened March 17 2017.  My EX and EQ scores (what Discover pulled) were 654 and unknown, respectively.  SCL $7,500.

Started using it in April.  First month's usage was about 2,300.  I was going hard on the Home Improvement bonus but didn't yet realize it capped at 1,500.  Only paid the minimum payment that first May bill.

-- May.  About 300 in new charges.  Paid the June bill in full.

-- June.  Another couple hundred in charges.  On June 29th I hit the button and was given a $3,000 CLI.  Paid the July bill in full.

-- July.  Trying to be like AustinGuy, on July 18th I hit the button again and was declined.  I'm still waiting for my letter detailing why.  I think I may have gotten over excited and made the request too soon.  I'm going to wait -- this time a full month -- and try again.

While I'm no Austin, I am happy with my journey so far. 

Last year, I was declined. Not every soiled profile gets approved. 6 months later (Dec) I was approved for only 1K but I was ecstatic. 

I was declined for every increase until April of this year. Since then, I've received at least 1.5k increases every month. My most was 3K. I know eventually my train will hit a brick wall, but I can complain about a card I only use semi-mod (on low side) that has grown over 8X since Dec 2016. 

I guess I recognize that all profiles are different. I see it here daily. I see posters get CLI with cards that I have, that tell me nope! No soup (CLI) for you! But I don't berate the issuer.......that's crazy. Obviously my profile is not meeting their standards......YET.

In the world of credit, it's not personal. 

Message 761 of 1,821
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats where i DISCOVERED inner beautySmiley Wink

On another positive note ive been hulk smashing the luv button everyday this week for fits and giggles hoping they tire of printing letters for denials and either give me a cli or at least show me a 2 daySmiley Wink.

Actually the 27th should be day 90 since last five hunsky so if the puter is gonna give one should be next week. Woohoo 6 more days to Avenge those denialsSmiley Wink

I see what you did there.  IT was brilliant.

If the technique of Annoy The Holy Bleep Out Of The Discover Snail Mail Denials Department gets you something I need to know.  *Hulk SMASH!* 

500 hundred is all you got in the last 90 days?  Bogus.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 762 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhiteCleats wrote:

New drinking game: Do a shot whenever happyman1976 [unhappywithdiscoverman1976?] says "bottom feeder card".  

Imma get plastered.

Will it beat out the # of times peghede says Synchrony R.I.P.?  I'm already drunk from that!(well, amongst other things.  Or another game is taking a drink every time *I* mention drinking or being drunk, which only started recently, during my amex debacle...Im kind of surprised I havent been banned for it!)  My liver isnt exactly pleased with this website.  

Message 763 of 1,821
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Last year, I was declined. Not every soiled profile gets approved. 6 months later (Dec) I was approved for only 1K but I was ecstatic. I was declined for every increase until April of this year.

I know that feeling.  When you're trying to build or rebuild credit every approval, no matter how dinky the CL, is a win!

Since then, I've received at least 1.5k increases every month.  ...My most was 3K. 

Dang!  That's very AustinGuy-esque.  Congrats!  

I know eventually my train will hit a brick wall, but I can complain about a card I only use semi-mod (on low side) that has grown over 8X since Dec 2016. 

No, nothing to complain about there.  That's really quite impressive growth -- particularly when you consider where you started from.  

I guess I recognize that all profiles are different. I see it here daily. I see posters get CLI with cards that I have, that tell me nope! No soup (CLI) for you! But I don't berate the issuer.......that's crazy. Obviously my profile is not meeting their standards......YET. In the world of credit, it's not personal. 

I think that's the best perspective to take.  The algorithms involved in who gets what are very complex and I've seen that comparing even very similar credit profiles can lead to frustration.  I'm with you, as long as I'm growing my trade lines and my scores are rising, I'm happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 764 of 1,821
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@WhiteCleats wrote:

New drinking game: Do a shot whenever happyman1976 [unhappywithdiscoverman1976?] says "bottom feeder card".  

Imma get plastered.

Will it beat out the # of times peghede says Synchrony R.I.P.?  I'm already drunk from that!(well, amongst other things.  Or another game is taking a drink every time *I* mentioning drinking or being drunk, which only started recently, during my amex debacle...Im kind of surprised I havent been banned for it!)  My liver isnt exactly pleased with this website.  

I haven't noticed peghede and Synchrony RIP.  But now that you've brought it up I'll be at the ready.  

The perils of Credit Chess driving you to drink, Captain?  LOL  

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 765 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhiteCleats wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WhiteCleats wrote:

Imma get plastered.

Will it beat out the # of times peghede says Synchrony R.I.P.?  I'm already drunk from that!(well, amongst other things.  Or another game is taking a drink every time *I* mentioning drinking or being drunk, which only started recently, during my amex debacle...Im kind of surprised I havent been banned for it!)  My liver isnt exactly pleased with this website.  

I haven't noticed peghede and Synchrony RIP.  But now that you've brought it up I'll be at the ready.  

The perils of Credit Chess driving you to drink, Captain?  LOL  

To be honest, it's a veritable SmorsBoard lol...a mix of good and bad, including it just being Friday.  

Im serious, if you search peghede and synchrony while playing this game, you may put the children of some Big Alcohol execs through college!  Can I get a witness, somebody?

So yeah, maybe the credit cress throughout the week is a decent excuse for doing it now.  My EX score dropped 7 points today too Smiley Sad

Message 766 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are mean...I like it.
Message 767 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhiteCleats wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@WhiteCleats wrote:

Imma get plastered.

LOL 😂

We all will be plastered! #brokenrecord 🍻🍺🍸🍹🍻🍺🍸🍹

You ever see Shallow Hal?  Where he's in the elevator with Tony Robbins explaining to him why all these supermodels aren't really all that hot and have tons of flaws?  

That. 

Man, I am awarding you MVP of the day! Besides making this a great thread, youve finally gotten me to watch SHALLOW HAL after 16 years!!  I cant believe I havent seen this before, especially being it has my boy Tony Robbins in it!  I paused it in the elevator scene to write this and make sure I had given you kudos(which I had!)  And of course, finally watching this, I had to make sure I was good and plastered to give it the respect of a fertile brain that 16 years deserves!!  Smiley Happy   Still early on in the movie, but I think I'm going to enjoy it!   (I just watched Kid Rock play "Fortunate Son" at Woodstock 99 before this, so Im remembering what a great era that was!!)  

Message 768 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I've read ALL of the comments on this thread because I really would like to apply for a Disco card within 1 or 2 months. So from what I've read, there is NO HP when you hit the love button at all??!! (unless one decides to call the number and requests a higher CLI).

OK, I also would like to know your thoughts on my approval odds of getting the Disco card.
I have NO collections or any type of derogatory items on my credit reports.
Fico scores are TU: 720 EQ: 718 EX: 705
I currently have 2 CC
ELAN Financial- acquired thru my personal bank (wsfs-used Elan Finan. as a 3rd party at that time 2/2016) secured $300. Once 2/2017 came around I asked for it to be changed to an unsecured card. It was approved. Two days later, I asked for a CLI of $700 to make it a total of $1,000. I was afraid to ask for anything more because I thought I would be denied. The $700 increase was approved.
3/2017, I wanted a 2nd card and I had applied to Capital one the previous year and was denied so I wasn't going to apply again and I definitely wasn't going to apply to Disco bc I wanted my score to be much higher (at the time it was low 600's). So in applied to Credit One....ugh big mistake bc I hate the annual fee but I was desperate for another card. Anyway I was approved for $300. Less than a month later I had an auto increase of $150, making it $450.
Now having this 2nd card, of course it lowered my age of credit to less than a year (it is presently up to 9 months now...age of credit)
I want to apply now for a Disco card since my scores have increased nearly 200 points since Jan/2017 (it was in the 500's) HOWEVER..... I'm afraid bc I had a lit of inquiries on my credit reports due to car shopping last year (after just 2 days and going to 2 dealerships I stopped once I seen that my credit was being ran so many times!) I have 19 inquiries on my TU, 16 on my EX and I believe only 9 on my EQ. I know when shopping around it only counts as one inquiry of time in a 14 days time frame but with it showing on my reports individually I'm thinking they will deny me of approval. May you PLEASE give me your opinion on whether you think I will be approved or not??? Should I just wait until Aug/Sept or just bite the bullet now? 3 inquiries are due to fall of btw Sept/Oct, just fyi.
Thanks in advance for your input. Oh yeah I will add that I have have NO late payments whatsoever either and I keep my utilization below 30%, but mostly below 20%.
Message 769 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I've read ALL of the comments on this thread because I really would like to apply for a Disco card within 1 or 2 months. So from what I've read, there is NO HP when you hit the love button at all??!! (unless one decides to call the number and requests a higher CLI).

OK, I also would like to know your thoughts on my approval odds of getting the Disco card.
I have NO collections or any type of derogatory items on my credit reports.
Fico scores are TU: 720 EQ: 718 EX: 705
I currently have 2 CC
ELAN Financial- acquired thru my personal bank (wsfs-used Elan Finan. as a 3rd party at that time 2/2016) secured $300. Once 2/2017 came around I asked for it to be changed to an unsecured card. It was approved. Two days later, I asked for a CLI of $700 to make it a total of $1,000. I was afraid to ask for anything more because I thought I would be denied. The $700 increase was approved.
3/2017, I wanted a 2nd card and I had applied to Capital one the previous year and was denied so I wasn't going to apply again and I definitely wasn't going to apply to Disco bc I wanted my score to be much higher (at the time it was low 600's). So in applied to Credit One....ugh big mistake bc I hate the annual fee but I was desperate for another card. Anyway I was approved for $300. Less than a month later I had an auto increase of $150, making it $450.
Now having this 2nd card, of course it lowered my age of credit to less than a year (it is presently up to 9 months now...age of credit)
I want to apply now for a Disco card since my scores have increased nearly 200 points since Jan/2017 (it was in the 500's) HOWEVER..... I'm afraid bc I had a lit of inquiries on my credit reports due to car shopping last year (after just 2 days and going to 2 dealerships I stopped once I seen that my credit was being ran so many times!) I have 19 inquiries on my TU, 16 on my EX and I believe only 9 on my EQ. I know when shopping around it only counts as one inquiry of time in a 14 days time frame but with it showing on my reports individually I'm thinking they will deny me of approval. May you PLEASE give me your opinion on whether you think I will be approved or not??? Should I just wait until Aug/Sept or just bite the bullet now? 3 inquiries are due to fall of btw Sept/Oct, just fyi.
Thanks in advance for your input. Oh yeah I will add that I have have NO late payments whatsoever either and I keep my utilization below 30%, but mostly below 20%.

Welcome aboard!  I'm known for my long posts but I'll try to keep this one short.  Discover seems to love being your daily driver, getting the bulk of the work, and hence thin files.  Your scores are great(relative to many people who struggle with these questions), and as you noted the auto inquiries are supposed to count as one, and are also likely viewed differently.  I think at worst, it might be somethng where you might not automatically be approved, but after a human views things, I think you would be.

Pretty soon someone who knows how sensitive Discover is to inquiries will chime in.  it's a shame their prequal site is such a joke about not giving hard offers.  The good thing is that ithat it is quick and it wont hurt to have a look.  I'm leaning "go now", but lets see what others say.  

Message 770 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.