Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

4th statement cut today. No auto CLI. First one was a short one. I called to see what happened to the 2 day message. Been a week today. No responce. I called and it said we are unable to take your call at this time. They're closed on Sat?

BK DC 11/15 FICO 8 7/17 EX-740 EQ-737 TU-735 Total CL $35.3k 18 Month Rebuild Complete.
Senior Contributor

Hey Austin, i know i shouldnt have but just for fun to see if by luck was part of the elite lol, hit luv button on day 60 but no soup for me. Day 90 up to bat soonSmiley Wink
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't know if they're closed on Saturday for you regular folk,  but I called today (saturdauy) to increase my deposit/CL for a secured card and spoke to a human (as is per usual with Discover, a very personable, friendly human).

CapOne Secured ($500), Discover It ($1000), BOA Cash Rewards Secured ($500), Amazon Store Card ($2700), Chase Freedom ($5000), Citi DC ($1700), AMEX BCE ($3000), Chase Amazon Visa ($1000)
Valued Contributor

I just got approved today for Discover 😁! (Gotta swap my spade but it's so worth it!)

BK 5-2012 Revolving Rebuild Started 6-2016
AMEX ED & SPG | BOA CR | PenFed PC | NFCU FLAGSHIP | Discover IT | CapitalOne QS | LOWES | Barclays AVIATOR
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congrats, Justagirl! That is awesome! Welcome to the Discover family.😀

Current Scores------ EQ 691; TU 653; EX 682 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until 07/07/18
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Thank you Bella! I'm uber happy! 

I cold apped. I didn't receive any mailers or solid apr on the prequalify. I was denied in July for the secured version. (The help section, which I read after applying, basically told me I wouldn't be approved for the secured.) 

AMEX ED & SPG | BOA CR | PenFed PC | NFCU FLAGSHIP | Discover IT | CapitalOne QS | LOWES | Barclays AVIATOR
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know how you feel, uber happy, because it is a great feeling to get a card you've wanted. I hope they gave you a good SL and/or that you are on the fast track for CLI's!

Current Scores------ EQ 691; TU 653; EX 682 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until 07/07/18
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Valued Contributor

Duh!!! I forgot to post the most important part 😂! 

I barely got in, and I'm at the kiddie table LOL BUT I DONT CARE! IM JUST HAPPY TO BE HERE 😬

S/L 1k with 18.24% apr. 

This is my lowest limit card along with Barclays who will probably be closed very soon. 

Valued Contributor

My SL was $1000 too, but with a 23.24% APR. Growing the limits will be kinda fun, I guess! 

Valued Contributor

I have a little over 2 years experience with Discover. When I first got the card the limit was $500 and there was literally nothing on my credit report, just my name and address. I got an auto CLI to $900 about 7 months later. Most of the CLI's have been $500 but I noticed a pattern, I received a larger CLI of $1,500 when I had a somewhat of a large balance on my Discover card, when I got the $1,500, my util on Discover was 64%. Yesterday, I got a $7,000 whopper of a CLI and I had a pretty large util on the card as well. So it seems that with some profiles, Discover seems to like to see a semi large balance on the card. I have noticed as well that Discover doesn't seem to like if your profile is crowded with cards when you apply.

Gardening until September 2018
Next app: Mortgage in September 2018

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.