Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover used an old credit file for denied application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover used an old credit file for denied application

I applied for a discover IT and it has come to my realization they might have used an old credit file, the same one they used when I applied in March of this year. When I reapplied last week I got only an inquiry hit on my Experian. When I called she explained she they pulled both and decided to use Equifax because they liked that one better. My Equifax score has gone up since March and I had negative items deleted since then. Is there a way I can ask them to pull a new Credit file? I don’t mind the hit cause 3 inquiries just dropped today.

EXP 640 TU 640 EQ 640
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RootDet
Established Contributor

Re: Discover used an old credit file for denied application

I suggest waiting for the adverse action letter. That will tell you if they used the odl credit report. It would be odd for them to do so imo. 

Message 2 of 3
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover used an old credit file for denied application

Of course I don't work for discover, but here are my 2 cents:

-They pulled one bureau, which is normal.

-Using a months old report is not normal

No worries!

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.