Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney VIsa- Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disney VIsa- Chase

So I applied for the Disney Visa, knowing it was probably a reach, and I was denied. My credit score just dropped and this is my own fault. Here's my history of this:

I moved all of my credit onto my card through my bank because most of my cards were terrible 'people with bad credit' cards- think Premier, Synchrony Bank, etc. I closed all those accounts once I moved this except for Capital One (paid off), Kohls (paid off), and Paypal (also paid off). 

But when I did this, I threw my credit ratio way out of wack. So I called recon and told them this, obviously I'm new to this and trying to rebuild my credit (my score is low, 588) and they were super nice. When I was moving credit, I was late on my Kohl's card and it was reporting that I was past due/over my limit. So the credit report they pulled was showing that. The guy said to call back once that was resolved and we could revist my account. I also have a civil court judgment I am making payments on that is on there and I explained that too. I have a good sob story for that one (was going through chemotherapy and my daycare came after me in court during past due amounts, didn't bother to deal with it because I was so sick and now stuck with it on my report)- but not sure if that matters. I called Kohls and they said about a week they'll be sending a new report and that will come off my report. So I know that will be good to go when I call. 

Do you think there's any way I even have a chance? I'll call and ask, can't hurt, but with my score so low I know it's a long shot anyways. My income is high, around 60k, so hope that helps. We're going to Disneyland in the summer and I want this card so bad! We love Disney and want to go ever year so it's a good one for me. Thoughts? Advice? Things I could do or say when I call back? Someone told me I should open one of the cards I closed back up to help out the credit ratio but not sure if that's wise or not. (It was a $600 CL through Credit One). 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Disney VIsa- Chase

First off, welcome

Is Kohls showing a 30 day late, or are you just showing over the limit, and are u see 30 days late?

The judgement is hurting you.. that could be a major sticking point with Chase. I know that 670-ish scores with no major derogatories will get you approved on a Disney Visa (I was, and I have 2 very very old Lates showing- in excess of 5 yrs)

I wouldn't reopen a card with a predatory lender such as Credit One or First Premier. Instead, I would join Navy Federal (NFCU). If you need info on how to join as a non military, PM me.

Where are you getting that 588 from? Is that from credit karma? If so, it would help to get your real FICO scores, as that's what is generally used for approvals

Remember, you want your utilization under 30%
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I've been lurking for a few days and decided to join. On the denial letter, they gave me my FICO score from Equifax as 562. So that's a bit worse than I was seeing. I've been using the Credit Tracker on Capital One's website and they said they go through Transunion? 

I was right at my max when I was late with Kohls (while I was in that process of moving my credit and I should have just made a payment to avoid this mess but oh well, what's done is done and I learned from it) and so when they added the charge, it pushed me over the credit limit. The Chase guy said that was the biggest issue. When I called Kohls, they said it should stop showing on there and show current within a few days once they send a new report in. 

I probably don't have a prayer with Chase but I want this card so bad so I feel like it's worth a shot to keep trying. I mean, maybe? Since he told me to call back once that's settled? 

That judgment is definitely hurting me, I told them I was making payments but not sure how much that matters since it's not paid off yet. 

You can join Navy Federal as non-military? I didn't know that. 

I definitely want to stay away from those risky cards, that was my whole reason for moving my credit debt to my bank card. To get away from those and only stick with 'nice' cards. Applying for Disney was unexpected, otherwise I should have kept those accounts opened, then applied, and then closed them. Oh well! 

I definitely joined this board to help me get better with my credit, most of the issues on my credit report are a result of me forgetting things, 'tra la la-ing' along, or just old debts during my cancer treatment. 

Message 3 of 8
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

If you want a "disney" card for perks at the parks you can get a CHASE Disney Debit card with the opening of a CHASE checking account......It is not a credit card, just a debit card BUT has all the perks of the credit card, and has the disney designs on it....

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was about to do a thread on this, what type of scores are they looking at for the Chase Disney VISA?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

odd_dog has the right idea if you can't get approved. Chase debit will still 10% off in park purchases.
marinersguy, mid 600s may be able to get you in, but that would definitely be towards the bottom range. Rest of your profile matters to Chase, too
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was about to do a thread on this, what type of scores are they looking at for the Chase Disney VISA?

Search engine "credit pulls database" and type in the name of the card.  You'll see plenty of data points on there.

Message 7 of 8
jlitnns
Established Contributor

I sent a PM about the non-military membership at NFCU. Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.