Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a chance at Amex Green charge card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have a chance at Amex Green charge card

Yes an no. 3 accounts were open at the same time. 1 Credit Card (BOA ) an 2 installment loans (auto, an shared secure). All 3 show open as of August on my CR. I have 4 green, open paid as agreed on my CR. Last month was the last up date (November).
Message 21 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update. I got my Discover IT fico score. Last month my score was 671. Tonight it says 689. Am I looking any better at getting approved for this charge card in January. I know they pull Experian an all but +/- a few points.
Message 22 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Update. I got my Discover IT fico score. Last month my score was 671. Tonight it says 689. Am I looking any better at getting approved for this charge card in January. I know they pull Experian an all but +/- a few points.

Pull your FICOs. Discover It FICO is only TU.

If you look at my sig, and a few other people's, You'll see that there can be quite a difference between scores.

Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I have been having trouble pulling them here as suggested that I don't have 6 months on credit. I found that odd as discover has been giving me TU fico every month with my statement. I know that my Experian report is identical to my TU. I was wondering if my Experian score was about 10 points lower than my current TU score would I have a chance with such a thin file.
Message 24 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yea I have been having trouble pulling them here as suggested that I don't have 6 months on credit. I found that odd as discover has been giving me TU fico every month with my statement. I know that my Experian report is identical to my TU. I was wondering if my Experian score was about 10 points lower than my current TU score would I have a chance with such a thin file.

Possibly....

But just because the report itself is identical doesn't mean the score is.  I'd try to get a score before burning an EX HP finding out the hard way.

Message 25 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Below you will see what my "Fico" is from discover this month. I have also purchased my useless scores from EQ website. I find it really odd I cant see my EX score from my fico. 

Screenshot_2014-12-10-19-49-24.pngScreenshot_2014-12-13-10-29-43.jpegScreenshot_2014-12-13-15-01-36.png

Message 26 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have 6 months of credit to generate a FICO?  Sorry forgot and haven't read this whole thread again tonight...  If not Experian is just making up a FAKO score as you are aware.

Message 27 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

The top line is length of credit history for each bureau. The bottom line is Average length credit history each bureau.

EquifaxTransUnionExperian
Length of Credit History0 Years, 4 Months11 Years, 11 Months0 Years, 5 Months
Average Account Age0 Years, 4 Months4 Years0 Years, 4 Months
Message 28 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep that is why you aren't generating a EX fico, but a TU fico from discover... 6 months to get a FICO score.. The othee EQ/EX are both fako and just taking a guess (probably) bad one at that of your score.

How is your TU score so lengthy and your other scores so well not lengthy?

Message 29 of 46
newhis
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yep that is why you aren't generating a EX fico, but a TU fico from discover... 6 months to get a FICO score.. The othee EQ/EX are both fako and just taking a guess (probably) bad one at that of your score.

How is your TU score so lengthy and your other scores so well not lengthy?

Any baddies in your TU? Both my DW and I started this year (new to USA) and got Discover as first cards, at 6th month both got over 700 FICO (720 & 731).

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.