Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do banks SP right then and there?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do banks SP right then and there?

Okay so say you have a card you've had for awhile (WF) and you want a CLI in my experience usually banks like NFCU and Discover SP throughout the year just to review and they'll base their decision on their most recent SP but what about those who don't SP throughout the year.

We've had this Wells Fargo card for years and never seen an AR or promotional inquiry so I'm just wondering will they just do a fresh SP right then and there when you make the request for a CLI or...?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Do banks SP right then and there?

Don't see much WF traffic around here but, rule of thumb is to expect a HP and if it ends up a SP be happy!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm we've requested CLI's in the past any they've been very stingy but always a SP.

Example: CL was $1,500 and after being a loyal customer for years requested a CLI to 2.5k and they countered with 1.9k not even 2k LOL then a year later requested a CLI to 2.5k from the 2k limit and they counter with 2.4k. Really? I can see why not many people like them. Currently they gave me a promo for 5% CashBack at Costco so that's the only reason I use the card.

Meanwhile places like NFCU would easily give 12k without batting an eye for a member with only 3 months history with them.
Message 3 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Then maybe they are SPing you when you hit the button.  It's easier to tell w/ AMEX and Disco and Synch since you can compare the score with what's provided each month if you're denied.  I wouldn't push it too much with WF but maybe put them on a 6 month cycle until it blossoms.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They don't have a button lol you need to call in and speak to someone each time. And there's 0 chance of an auto CLI
Message 5 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a PITA to deal with but, at least it's a SP.  So...........  Going to call them and ask them for more $$$$? and ask them if they SP on demand?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.