Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do credit card companies care.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do credit card companies care.....

how many times you apply?   Like 4 times in 3 months, as an example.  Do they throw a little black dart at your name and say, "Just keep sending this loser disapproval letters every ten days until he gets the message."

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Do credit card companies care.....

It will hurt your score, and a company generally wont see it. Its the computer that makes the decision. IF you constantly apply and keep getting denied its going to hurt your chances for the future for a little bit due to the inquiry from that credit pull. Too many inquiries = denial

Otherwise no, a company doesnt care since they dont see it. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 9
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I've applied quite a few times for cards at TD Bank over the years (7 year customer) and finally got approved tonight. I also applied to Old Navy, Kohls and TJX Rewards a few times too. I think as far as what we think they think goes, I think we just think that way out of being frustrated. I thought they really didn't like me and then I got approved. Lack of apps and gardening for a while helps. I gardened for 7 1/2 months till tonight.
Message 3 of 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

I dont think they care much at all.

Yeah, itll add inquiries and if you need to keep yours down I wouldnt do it.  Other than that no bad side effect that I know of.

I have 7 inquiries from barclay for 5 diff cards over the course of a month and a half.  Then they approved me for the barclay rewards, either they like the fact I apply too much or they dont care Smiley Tongue  (id go with the latter)

Message 4 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:
I've applied quite a few times for cards at TD Bank over the years (7 year customer) and finally got approved tonight. I also applied to Old Navy, Kohls and TJX Rewards a few times too. I think as far as what we think they think goes, I think we just think that way out of being frustrated. I thought they really didn't like me and then I got approved. Lack of apps and gardening for a while helps. I gardened for 7 1/2 months till tonight.

Wow killer_queen i truly envy your grit and resolve, great example for many, some who just sit in wait to strike at another credit card application.

I felt the same way about Barclays but then after some months Bingo! they gave me my first Instant Approval.

Message 5 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Congrats.... I remember from last year that you always wanted that TD Bank card and very happy that it finally worked for you Smiley Happy

OP

As already mentioned each app hits your report with an inquiry and if someone is already borderline for approval this could be the route to denial while someone with no inquiries could have just been approved. If there is a card you really want I would recommend to garden for a while and then try again. For me it has worked that way with no apps closer than 6 months apart and I try to limit my inquiries within the last 12 months and if possible distribute evenly with the CRA. So far no denial yet but I know that day will come sooner or later as I have been on the edge for a few cards.  Freedom was shortly before a denial for too many inquiries and too many new accounts. This was my only spree and if you look at my terms of the card with 22,99% APR this is the reason.  Lesson learnt for me with my spree in early 2013 on a thin file. IMO it makes sense to be a bit patient and then app to get better terms and not just approvals.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they......

answered your clickbait thread with a clickbait answer Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they dont care. That is why after you get a denial, you dont reapply, you call their recon line. If they still deny you try to get them to tell you what about your credit profile is the issue. Then you can work on fixing those thing so you can reapply later. Frustrating for sure.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, they care about you making them money.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.