cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need a penfed checking account to apply for penfed credit cards?

tag
DotaK
Regular Contributor

Do you need a penfed checking account to apply for penfed credit cards?

Do you need a penfed checking account to apply for penfed credit cards? I dont want to open penfed checking accounts but would like to apply for Penfed credt cards ! Is it possible?Anyone?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you need a penfed checking account to apply for penfed credit cards?

You don't need a checking account, but you have to be a PenFed member. To be a member, you have to have a savings account with at minimum $5 in it. Applying for a loan or a card is going to also apply for you to be a member which will require that $5 savings account.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need a membership to be able to apply for any of their products.  Once you have the membership, you don't need a checking account.  The membership is for a good cause so that alone should entice you to go ahead and join.....

Message 3 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

FYI !!!!

You do NOT have to be a member to apply..

But, if approved you WILL have to become one (you can open a share savings acct. with $5)

image.jpg

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

FYI !!!!

But, if approved you WILL have to become one (you can open a share savings acct. with $5)

image.jpg

So why not do it right the first time?  Ultimately, you will have to member to take advantage of any products.

Message 5 of 11
DotaK
Regular Contributor

Thanks all for replaying, Do guys think I would get approval for penfed credit cards with score 680~700? 42% Utilization .967600 income

@fltireguy wrote:

FYI !!!!

image.jpg

Message 6 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Hard to say - Id imagine.. I was approved with a 669 Ex (remember, though, they use NexGen- That is my Fifo8).. SL was 11.5k, reconned to $15, using my $20K NFCU card as a prybar

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good luck if you apply, if they dont want someone making close to million bucks i dont know how i ever got approved! Smiley Wink ( hint hint, im at the complete opposite of that haha) Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 11
DotaK
Regular Contributor

97600..that was typo..

Message 9 of 11
DotaK
Regular Contributor

Good to know Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.