Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drapping is no bueno!

tag
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

Drapping is no bueno!

I'm ashamed to admit it but I drapped for the CSP last night..Smiley Embarassed  I rarely drink but I had to try my homemade limoncello and had one too many while checking my cc accounts and paying bills.  So while I was the Chase site I checked the prequals and there it was!  My fiance, still pretty excited with my Diners Club approval, talked me into it and I got the 7-10 day message.  Ugh!!  I'm so mad at myself!

I've had my Freedom since last Dec with a limit of $2200, opened 4 new accounts since then, have kept my util at 1-10% throughout the year, 7 inquiries on EX, 3 on EQ, 6 on TU...Wondering what my chances are?  I've heard Chase prequals are pretty spot on but I also know prequals are not guarantees...just bracing myself for whats to come I guess.

No more drapping for me!  But the limoncello was yummy!!Smiley Tongue

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Drapping is no bueno!

I would call Chase when you wake up. If denied then recon. They have some great analysts IMO.

Message 2 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Never knew what drapping meant, till now.

Having a little honey brandy right now, compliments of the 3% (yet to see categorized) Amex grocery cash back. Gotta meet that $1k spend somehow. Smiley Wink

However, don't yet feel the need to drapp.
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Having a little honey brandy right now, compliments of the 3% (yet to see categorized) Amex grocery cash back. Gotta meet that $1k spend somehow. Smiley Wink

Lol!

Message 4 of 20
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call Chase when you wake up. If denied then recon. They have some great analysts IMO.

I'm kinda scared to call. Chase intimidates me a little.  lol  I did call the app status line and it said I should receive a letter in about 2 weeks so I'm thinking its a decline.  With my Freedom I kept getting a pending message whenever I called.  I guess the worse they can say is no, right?Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Right
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 20
anderl
Frequent Contributor

If your app status message says "2 weeks" then your approved; if it says 7-10 days, a denial.

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 7 of 20
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I wouldn't stress about this. My two Chase approvals weren't instant either and my second card with them took about a week or two before I got approved. It's a good sign if they tell you that it's going through verification and they don't give you some 5-7 business days kind of language there.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you call chase app recon in backdoor thread and ask if your application needs verification.

they will transfer you to verification and ask you some weird questions and give you the approval instantly.

if you had a pre-qual for it there is no way you were denied... CALL!

all 3 of my apps have not been instant and I called in and they transferred me to verificaiton and boom approved.

Message 9 of 20
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@anderl wrote:

If your app status message says "2 weeks" then your approved; if it says 7-10 days, a denial.

I didn't know that!  I learn something new everyday I come to the forums!Smiley Very Happy 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.