Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drapping is no bueno!

tag
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

Re: Drapping is no bueno!

@Creditaddict wrote:

you call chase app recon in backdoor thread and ask if your application needs verification.

they will transfer you to verification and ask you some weird questions and give you the approval instantly.

if you had a pre-qual for it there is no way you were denied... CALL!

all 3 of my apps have not been instant and I called in and they transferred me to verificaiton and boom approved.

I dodged the bullet on calling.  I went online last night to make sure my Freedom payment posted and saw my new CSP showing!! 

I always read that Chase prequals are pretty rock solid but I feel like I could always be the exception.  I started out a little over a year ago in my rebuilding process so sometimes I don't feel worthy of certain cards. lolSmiley Embarassed

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 11 of 20
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

I guess this thread belongs in Approvals now?  Mods, would you be able to combine this thread with my approval thread?  Please and thank you!!  Smiley Happy And I have lots of homemade limoncello to go around if anyone wants to join me in a celebratory drink!!  lol  just a warning though...its pretty strong!Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the scores in your signature up to date ?  Trying to decide whether to apply for CSP myself

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

I'm ashamed to admit it but I drapped for the CSP last night..Smiley Embarassed  I rarely drink but I had to try my homemade limoncello and had one too many while checking my cc accounts and paying bills.  So while I was the Chase site I checked the prequals and there it was!  My fiance, still pretty excited with my Diners Club approval, talked me into it and I got the 7-10 day message.  Ugh!!  I'm so mad at myself!

I've had my Freedom since last Dec with a limit of $2200, opened 4 new accounts since then, have kept my util at 1-10% throughout the year, 7 inquiries on EX, 3 on EQ, 6 on TU...Wondering what my chances are?  I've heard Chase prequals are pretty spot on but I also know prequals are not guarantees...just bracing myself for whats to come I guess.

Congrats on the eventual approval, what was your SL?

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call Chase when you wake up. If denied then recon. They have some great analysts IMO.

I'm kinda scared to call. Chase intimidates me a little.  lol  I did call the app status line and it said I should receive a letter in about 2 weeks so I'm thinking its a decline.  With my Freedom I kept getting a pending message whenever I called.  I guess the worse they can say is no, right?Smiley Sad

Chase intimidates you? They're kittens compared to Barclay's Analysts!

Message 14 of 20
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are the scores in your signature up to date ?  Trying to decide whether to apply for CSP myself

For the most part, yes.  I had a small drop in points on TU and EX from being pulled 4 times for the Diners Club card but it wasn't much.  I'm assuming having my Freedom for almost a year helped me out.  Try the prqual and see if its offered to you.  As everyones said, I think its pretty rock solid! Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For the most part, yes.  I had a small drop in points on TU and EX from being pulled 4 times for the Diners Club card but it wasn't much.  I'm assuming having my Freedom for almost a year helped me out.  Try the prqual and see if its offered to you.  As everyones said, I think its pretty rock solid! Smiley Wink

Okay, then so far that's the lowest score i've seen approved for CSP.

Internal score FTW. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

I'm ashamed to admit it but I drapped for the CSP last night..Smiley Embarassed  I rarely drink but I had to try my homemade limoncello and had one too many while checking my cc accounts and paying bills.  So while I was the Chase site I checked the prequals and there it was!  My fiance, still pretty excited with my Diners Club approval, talked me into it and I got the 7-10 day message.  Ugh!!  I'm so mad at myself!

I've had my Freedom since last Dec with a limit of $2200, opened 4 new accounts since then, have kept my util at 1-10% throughout the year, 7 inquiries on EX, 3 on EQ, 6 on TU...Wondering what my chances are?  I've heard Chase prequals are pretty spot on but I also know prequals are not guarantees...just bracing myself for whats to come I guess.

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call Chase when you wake up. If denied then recon. They have some great analysts IMO.

I'm kinda scared to call. Chase intimidates me a little.  lol  I did call the app status line and it said I should receive a letter in about 2 weeks so I'm thinking its a decline.  With my Freedom I kept getting a pending message whenever I called.  I guess the worse they can say is no, right?Smiley Sad

I've only had to call Barclay's once and the analyst was pretty nice.  When I had to go through verification for my Freedom the analyst was like a drill sergent. lol  He was really nice after all the questions and stuff but during the questioning his tone scared me a little. 

Message 17 of 20
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

They approved me for 7k.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've only had to call Barclay's once and the analyst was pretty nice.  When I had to go through verification for my Freedom the analyst was like a drill sergent. lol  He was really nice after all the questions and stuff but during the questioning his tone scared me a little. 

Really?

When the wife first apped the Freedom back in May, She got the 7-10 day and I pushed her to recon it.

She called in and was immediately told she had in fact been approved already and that 7-10 doesn't always mean denial. Other than that, the analyst was very nice and just wanted to verify some information. She was given the standard "Just enough to not call it signature" limit of $4,500 that is so common when it comes to Chase.

Message 19 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.