Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest AMEX Card To Get

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Easiest AMEX Card To Get

Hello everyone:

I am looking to join the Amex family.  I would like a card direct from Amex but will settle for a co branded card.  Which card would be the easist to get for Amex?  Below are my scores and credit situation as of a week ago.  Second question, is when do you think I can get in direct with the Amex Family?  I have never had a card with them before besides the prepaid cards.

Thank you,

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easiest AMEX Card To Get

It may be too early. Based on limited anecdotal evidece from this site, I believe EveryDay is the easiest revolver to get, and 660 seems to be a magic number. YMMV
Message 2 of 6
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

+1, EveryDay seems to be the easiest, and 612 is still probably too low to get approved. 660-680 would put you in a much stronger position.

What I also recommend is trying their pre-qualifier tool. Even if you don't get any results, you've put your info in their database. They may then SP you 6 months from now (when your score is higher) and you may get a targeted offer for either the Green or the EveryDay with some bonus Membership Rewards points. At least 15K on the EveryDay or 25K on the Green would be a strong offer. (And if you have the option to get both, go for it - you could apply for the Green and, if approved, immediately apply for the EveryDay and potentially get both with just one hard inquiry).

Good luck.

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a chance at this point.

Message 4 of 6
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It may be too early. Based on limited anecdotal evidece from this site, I believe EveryDay is the easiest revolver to get, and 660 seems to be a magic number. YMMV

^ ^ ^ Agreed ^ ^ ^

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SOGGIE wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

^ ^ ^ Agreed ^ ^ ^

I'll third that.  I got approved for the Delta Gold with an EXP of 666.  I wish I would have known at the time that the Everyday was as easy as the Delta if not easier because I would have applied for that instead.  Even with my 666 EXP I did not get an instant approval, I got an email from them the next day saying it was approved for $3k.

Oz

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.