Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception to Chase's PC Rules

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exception to Chase's PC Rules

I wrote Chase a long letter today trying to get them to PC my Amazon to Freedom. Have them like 10 reasons why it would be beneficial. Lol.

Made me think... has anyone ever had any luck doing this? I know it is not allowed so I am taking about exceptions to the rule.

Thx
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exception to Chase's PC Rules

@Anonymous wrote:
I wrote Chase a long letter today trying to get them to PC my Amazon to Freedom. Have them like 10 reasons why it would be beneficial. Lol.

Made me think... has anyone ever had any luck doing this? I know it is not allowed so I am taking about exceptions to the rule.

Thx

You didn't include your reasons, so I can't speak to how compelling they might be.  However I can provide you with the one reason Chase would never even consider such a request:

Were it to become known that Chase allowed customers who obtained their cards via a third-party co-branding agreement to product change away from their co-brand partner, thereby depriving said partner of their cut of the associated fees and more importantly taking away the brand association provided by the card, Chase would very quickly lose the right to market said co-branded cards to anyone, as they would be in violation of their agreement that allowed them to issue the card in the first place.

So, in weighing your request in comparison to the above, I'm thinking they will likley choose to protect their multi-million dollar partnership with Amazon, over whatever reasons you can give.  

Needs of the many, after all

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thx

I have never heard of them doing that at a customer's request.

They have been known to convert lost-account cobranded cards into Freedom or Freedom Unlimited cards though once the partnership with the cobrand company has ended.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very solid reply for TygerHawke above.  I'd venture to guess that the OP will receive a response letter denying the product change request, with it simply stating that they aren't permitted to grant such a request.  But, thank you for being a loyal Chase customer.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not expecting it to work, but I have had so much luck with writing credit card companies-both with recons (which I think writing works way better than calling-have not been denied yet when using the writing method) and some other things CL related (Increases when not normally done that early)......Amex doing a PC before 13 mo (Only one month after having card) and Chase adding a start up bonus which I learned of after I applied. So I have had luck with writing. I always address it to Underwriting Management or Customer Service Supervisor... something like tnat so it goes to not just anybody but someone who can actually make exceptions.

So I figured it only costs me 10 min to write a letter and send it off. I have all my card companies addresses saved in iWork Envelope Templates so it's super easy to write them. I'm a dork like that. So probably won't work but like I said it didn't cost me much to try.

I will update when I hear back. If I hear back. Just was curious if anyone ever had any luck and how they did it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.