Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Credit Card... Oddity...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Express Credit Card... Oddity...

Before I started gardening a few weeks ago, I applied for an Express Credit card. I tried the shopping cart trick but nothing worked. I left a few French Cuff Shirts in my shopping card and I kept trying... 

No luck on the pre approval, and as I need new dress clothes anyways I decided to just apply. 

I was approved but I was not given a credit limit so I decided not to purchase anything. I still have not purchased anything though I kept going back to see if there was a CL available. 

Fast forward to today.... I checked my mail and had 3 express envelops (they did not look like the typical envelops) There were 3 cards inside and I figured they were just for the Express Next account and they sent me a few.  Well there were 3 CREDIT Cards inside. All with different account numbers in each envelop....

What's the deal? Should I activate them and give one to my girlfriend lol?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: Express Credit Card... Oddity...

Not sure why you received 3, but I would call them to figure out whats going on before activating.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Go to d.comenity.net/express and sign up to see what accounts are listed and credit limit
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I checked and it just continues to be odd.

One has a CL of 750

One has another CL of 500

The third has a CL of 250...

What the... I think pigs were flying when I applied....

Message 4 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

hmmm, that is a little strange...maybe a system glitch whenever you applied, and it approved you for three cards. I would call and see what can be done. Maybe they will combine the limits it worth a try. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up with 2 somehow..I didn't activate the second. It never reported to my CR only the one I activated

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

hmmm, that is a little strange...maybe a system glitch whenever you applied, and it approved you for three cards. I would call and see what can be done. Maybe they will combine the limits it worth a try. 

I did call but they were unable to transfer balances or combine the cards.

Looks like I'll just have the available credit for my utilization as it doesn't show any HP on my credit report.

Message 7 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

well that's an interesting situation, i guess its good for the sake of util.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.