Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Credit Limit Increase

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Express Credit Limit Increase

Well, I guess Comenity Bank said enough is enough! I tried the increase on my Express account and it gave me the 7-10 day notice.

Probably because I have used the account one time since opening it and the purchase was 31 bucks.

Oh well.  I will let you know what happens in 7-10 days. LOL.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Express Credit Limit Increase

Hahaha...that stinks! Hopefully they'll give it to you.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 14
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  That little $500 limit doesn't fit well with my other limits. LOL!

Message 3 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 14
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1 Good luck.

Message 5 of 14
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I want pier1 imports credit card and Buckle credit card once I can app by myself. Hopefully you can get a CLI hate having low CLs on store cards hahha

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 14
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

I received my 7-10 day letter today.  It said that they could not increase the card because my account was recently opened and they want to see a consistent payment pattern with the existing limit before granting additional credit.

I guess my one 31 buck purchase I made shortly after I opened the card  last May and paid in full just didn't do it for them. LOL!!!

I find their reason to be odd though because they increased my Pier 1 card by $500 and I only made one purchase on that one too.  Oh well.  I will try again later this year.

Message 7 of 14
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

I received my 7-10 day letter today.  It said that they could not increase the card because my account was recently opened and they want to see a consistent payment pattern with the existing limit before granting additional credit.

I guess my one 31 buck purchase I made shortly after I opened the card  last May and paid in full just didn't do it for them. LOL!!!

I find their reason to be odd though because they increased my Pier 1 card by $500 and I only made one purchase on that one too.  Oh well.  I will try again later this year.

Try to recon... you have many good points of advantage against a real person... try and keep us posted Smiley Wink

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 8 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Was there a hard pull?

Message 9 of 14
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

They did the same to me a few days back when I went on a CLI spree on the cards I opened last year. My VS and Express cards were the only two that were not increased due to the cards being new and all. You have to generally wait at least 9 months and use the card frequently. The VS rep saw that I used that card alot so she told me to call back in a couple months to try for the increase and made me feel confident that I would get it given my perfect payment history. The Express rep flat out told me to not only wait the full 9 months but to also start using the card because I like you only made one purchase and I think they like to see that you're at least using what they gave you.

My GE cards on the other hand... most of them received phone requested CLIs (with the exception of the latest ones) and Macy's got one too. So the more you use the cards, the more they are likely to give you. Also, try calling in next time, I never have luck with those online "LUV" buttons! LOL!

BTW.... I never realized how satisfying it is to get a CLI! Its almost like the same high you get when you app and get the "Congratulations! You were approved for $......" Its awesome and it keeps you from apping too much when you get the sensation! LOL

Good Luck!

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.