cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exxon Mobil Card Success Story

tag
specsnow

Exxon Mobil Card Success Story

Hey guys. I got an email yesterday inviting me to apply for a Exxon Mobil Smart Card (from Citi). I signed up for the SpeedPass about a year ago, but never actually used it. Haha. I had recently ended an app spree, so I was hesitant about applying. My scores are in the low 700s. I decided to apply, since I don't already have a gas card in my portfolio. I got lucky and was approved instantly for a $800 limit. From what I heard, $800 is great for an initial limit, especially since I recently opened a Home Depot card with Citi, and got a CLI on another card with them. Well I still decided to call in and recon the $800 limit, just to see where it might go. The customer service isn't too great, and I was told there really isn't a department that handles that. The rep said she would send a request to her supervisor and I should call back tomorrow. Well today I called back and my limit was bumped to $2000 without another pull! The number I called was the front line 800 number.

I never would have even thought to call had it not been for some of the stories I've read on here. Thanks for the help guys!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Exxon Mobil Card Success Story

@specsnow wrote:

Hey guys. I got an email yesterday inviting me to apply for a Exxon Mobil Smart Card (from Citi). I signed up for the SpeedPass about a year ago, but never actually used it. Haha. I had recently ended an app spree, so I was hesitant about applying. My scores are in the low 700s. I decided to apply, since I don't already have a gas card in my portfolio. I got lucky and was approved instantly for a $800 limit. From what I heard, $800 is great for an initial limit, especially since I recently opened a Home Depot card with Citi, and got a CLI on another card with them. Well I still decided to call in and recon the $800 limit, just to see where it might go. The customer service isn't too great, and I was told there really isn't a department that handles that. The rep said she would send a request to her supervisor and I should call back tomorrow. Well today I called back and my limit was bumped to $2000 without another pull! The number I called was the front line 800 number.

I never would have even thought to call had it not been for some of the stories I've read on here. Thanks for the help guys!

Congrats times 2 

1 for approval and 1 for Recon to $2000

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 9
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 5 of 9
PersonalBanker89
Valued Member

BOOM!!!

Regions Bank Prestige (11k) / Fidelity Rewards (9.2k) Chase Freedom (2k) / Navy FCU cashRewards (22k) Discover it (6.4k) / Citi Double Cash (5.4k) / Amex Bluecash (15.7k) / Chase Unlimited (12.5k) / Barclays Rewards (6.4k) / Wells Fargo Cash Wise (10k) = TCL (100.6k)

FICO 8 Scores : EQ 752 / TU 738
AAoA : 4.1 yrs / AoOA : 7.4 yrs / AoYA: 1 yrs
Utilization : 2% / Last Inquiry: July 2017
Goal : Garden to 2020 with 750s
Message 6 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

That does not sound like CITI hahha. Usually CITI gas cards have a low credit limit and cardholders can't seem to receive an increase but just a HP. Congrats! $2,000 for Exxon is excellent.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 9
specsnow

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
CreditHammer

Sweeeet deal my friend! Good for you!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.