Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO 6.25% bait and switch

tag
chally
Regular Contributor

FNBO 6.25% bait and switch

Like the title says, app'ed for 6.25% APR Amex FNBO directly via FNBO website link last week. Instant approved for low limit card $1,400. Low and behold, card came today with APR of 20.99%!

UW call resulted in unable to see 6.25 link, promo code on your card entirely different. I'll call office of president tomo, but anyone else get this obvious bait and switch? So frustrated....

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO 6.25% bait and switch

Sorry that happened to you but FNBO  manually processes apps, hopefully it was an oversight, but they are quite strict good luck with your reconsideration.

Message 2 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Sorry this happened to you.  Did the offer say  "subject to creditworthiness" or something along these lines?

Message 3 of 11
chally
Regular Contributor

Thanks for replies, I've went thru link with fine tooth comb, nothing that says "depending on your credit worthiness". Expected to be straight up approved or declined for 6.25% all purchases and BT, 0 annual fee promo running thru May 31. 

Message 4 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

uh... I hate the bait and switch method from lenders that clearly state it and usually try not to apply for such offers.I also much rather get declined than just anything I did not want.  But here I would give FNBO a hard time and fight to the end and they would have to come up with a very good explanation Smiley Mad  If no success to adjust to the offer I would try to fight to have the whole TL removed from my CR. Re-code HP as SP and remove the entire TL. I mean if someone applies for a card with 6,25% APR it is for a specific reason usually and this high APR completely defeats the purpose. Good luck !

Message 5 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

So sorry for you OP that FNBO is turned out to be so lame with that.

I hope you can follow the above suggestions and get something worked out to your favor.

Message 6 of 11
chally
Regular Contributor

3rd time's a charm. Just spoke with a very pleasant rep who clearly understood something went wonky with the promo code that got put with this card. He's sending an inquiry to begin fixing the error. Will probably result in closing of account and opening a new card with the 6.25% APR. No HP and the closed card will be removed from CB. 

Seems like a tidy cleanup of an admitted FNBO internal error. Will know more Tues, but for now, all the right things were said.

Message 7 of 11
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Keep us updated 

Message 8 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Ah Hah

They got caught and called out on it that's all. So they're making it good. They couldn't slip it past you unnoticed

Message 9 of 11
chally
Regular Contributor

Could certainly be. First 2 CS reps were absolutely clueless about the promo, needed to go to the top of the food chain for this one.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.