Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI Target CLI

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: FYI Target CLI

I see they softed me in October, but no new CLI yet. 

Started with $300 when opened in 2008.   November 2009 got CLI to $1000. 

I've used the card a total of 3 times, so I'm not real hopeful about another CLI.

But maybe it's still gonna happen.  I'll keep checking it!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 31 of 40
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

So which is better? Target store card or Wal Mart store card? Looking for highest credit lines and most frequent CLI's.

Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing on mine yet, either, but again I'm waiting to see if they do it with the statement cut on the 22nd. My last (and only) one was done on my birthday as well, but now it's been 2 full years since that $300 increase and I'm a bit annoyed now. I know things could be worse (I could still be sitting at $200), but I love Target and want to do some decent Christmas shopping there this year. I wish they had a luv button. Smiley Tongue

Message 33 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

So which is better? Target store card or Wal Mart store card? Looking for highest credit lines and most frequent CLI's.

I can't believe I'm actually saying a GE backed card is better than something else, but in this case Walmart is way better, I would also get Sams over Walmart if it was an option, they seem to grant higher CL and CLI

Message 34 of 40
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

I can't believe I'm actually saying a GE backed card is better than something else, but in this case Walmart is way better, I would also get Sams over Walmart if it was an option, they seem to grant higher CL and CLI

But I bet the Sams is harder to get. And I'm not even a member.

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to get a Walmart card, and I tried app'ing over a year ago and was declined. :\ I have 2 other GEMB backed cards, so that denial surprised me. Especially after hearing how easy it is to get one. I can't remember their reasons for declining now, but I'm thinking of trying again if Target won't show any luv.

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my Target card in 4/08 with 200 CL now it 1,000 after 2 CLI.  That's 2 years.

I received my Wal-Mart card in 1/10 with 400 CL now it's 900.00 after 2 CLI.  That's 10 months.

WalMart is by far better.

Message 37 of 40
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

I didnt get any for like 2 yrs now still 700 limit.Target really needs to take care the credit customers

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 38 of 40
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

They are lying.Target sucks as a creditor but is a normal store as far as the prices go.

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 39 of 40
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I like the quality of Target products, feel of the stores and their food prices. I rather go there over Walmart. But, my Target card probably won't grow while the Walmart will. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.