Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fell off the wagon

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

Fell off the wagon

I wasn't going to, but couldn't help it.... I fell off the wagon. I went on another app spree.... I was bad!  Really bad... Crazy how it all works to, the last time I went on an app spree I got three cards I applied for and then denials.... I was twitching, needed a fix... Applied for barclays us air, approved 4000.00, applied for discover it, approved for 1200, applied for chase freedom( which I am excited about) approved for 2500, applied for a visa from a local credit union, approved for 3000. I feel good now. Credit is frozen again. I now need to close some cards.... Definitely walmart, credit one bank and amazon. I called to close FP, I haven't used that card in over a year, instead they refunded the annual fee if I agreed to keep it open, I have a 35.00 credit with them now. It's my oldest. I think now I'm good. I just wanted a few good cards.... Now I have them..... Not sure what to do with cap 1 quick silver, 3500 limit and available but interest rate is like 22%. 

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Fell off the wagon

Congrats! I'm heading back to the garden myself too after getting the US Air card too on Sunday. Highest APR tier though but I'll eventually try the Sallie Mae again in the future and just move the CL of the US Air over to that if approved then.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@907grown wrote:

I wasn't going to, but couldn't help it.... I fell off the wagon. I went on another app spree.... I was bad!  Really bad... Crazy how it all works to, the last time I went on an app spree I got three cards I applied for and then denials.... I was twitching, needed a fix... Applied for barclays us air, approved 4000.00, applied for discover it, approved for 1200, applied for chase freedom( which I am excited about) approved for 2500, applied for a visa from a local credit union, approved for 3000. I feel good now. Credit is frozen again. I now need to close some cards.... Definitely walmart, credit one bank and amazon. I called to close FP, I haven't used that card in over a year, instead they refunded the annual fee if I agreed to keep it open, I have a 35.00 credit with them now. It's my oldest. I think now I'm good. I just wanted a few good cards.... Now I have them..... Not sure what to do with cap 1 quick silver, 3500 limit and available but interest rate is like 22%. 

Congrats!  Freezing your reports will help give pause to tempatation.  I would keep the Cap1 card, they've been more generous lately and sometimes you can get the EO to waive the AF or PC to something with no AF.  I closed out a bunch of Cap1 cards a few years ago and always wished I would have at least kept one of them.

Message 3 of 17
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@907grown wrote:

Congrats on approvals!   

I also vote to keep QS, but call to see if you can get the APR lowered.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 17
BUN
Established Contributor

I find it a bit disturbing that OP is talking about apping like credit cards are crack or heroin ie; "twitching" "fell off the wagon" and the like..
Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 5 of 17
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@BUN wrote:
I find it a bit disturbing that OP is talking aboutapping like credit cards are crack or heroinie; "twitching" "fell off the wagon" and the like..

credit card addictions are a power ful thing, you start out doing store cards, and shopping cart tricks, hitting luv-buttons monthly, then weekly, and even hourly anything to get your fix, then your triple pulling CapOnes, then you move on to AMEX to get your MSD, and doing 3x CLI's just 61 days later, then you are apping for revolvers, and then try to get in with Chase Freedom, for revolving 5% categories, and then slate, and considering consolidating CL's to get 5k CLI's so you can mainline CSP's, and then you  are moving into big boy land where injecting $475 AF's for AMEX platinum, and then joining Clubs, and user groups to get that NASA High that will put you on the Space Shuttle. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO!!!!!! That was hilarious jamesdwi and soooooo true!!!
Message 7 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

What are you still doing with that Credit One...  Sheesh it's not worth the AF..  Let it go.... 

QS can possibly made useful but you need some time in the weeds to work with it,  EO and such.,  perhaps a PC as well 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

@BUN wrote:
I find it a bit disturbing that OP is talking aboutapping like credit cards are crack or heroinie; "twitching" "fell off the wagon" and the like..

credit card addictions are a power ful thing, you start out doing store cards, and shopping cart tricks, hitting luv-buttons monthly, then weekly, and even hourly anything to get your fix, then your triple pulling CapOnes, then you move on to AMEX to get your MSD, and doing 3x CLI's just 61 days later, then you are apping for revolvers, and then try to get in with Chase Freedom, for revolving 5% categories, and then slate, and considering consolidating CL's to get 5k CLI's so you can mainline CSP's, and then you  are moving into big boy land where injecting $475 AF's for AMEX platinum, and then joining Clubs, and user groups to get that NASA High that will put you on the Space Shuttle. 

I guess it's good thing that i never got the taste of high credit limit cards. all my cards are either 3k or little over 3k Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.