cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fell out of the garden and got what I deserved!!

tag
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Fell out of the garden and got what I deserved!!

So, I could not help myself any longer and just HAD to apply for a Chase Freedom Card!!   I don't have that many apps on my ex which I was assuming based on what I have read they would pull so I just went for it!  I then got the "We need to further process and will let you know in 7-10 days!  I then get this email

"we'll let you know of our decision via US Mail within the next 30 days.  If we approve your app will send your card blah blah.  If we don't we'll let you know why."

I called the app hotline and it says still pending and spoke to a rep and they said the same thing.  Here is the kicker....THEY CHECKED MY DREADED EQ SCORE!!!!  The Credit Gods played a trick on me! Smiley Very Happy  I Just now went and put a freeze on those lovely people so that won't happen again!  WON'T HOLD MY BREATH! 

While I was lying on the ground from my fall, knowing that CHASE will use the same pull if done the same day, I tried for the Amazon Chase Visa and got the same message!

And yet another SIDE note as I'm apping my wife sees this and starts giving me the business!  "I'M TELLING EVERYONE, YOU HAVE FALLEN OUT OF THE GARDEN and I of course try to tell her it is a SP and she had NONE of it, I have taught her to well!!!"  You know you have a problem when you are lying to your wife about a HP! Smiley Embarassed

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fell out of the garden and got what I deserved!!

May require a Chase recon (phone) to make sure you get approvals. It might soften the home front. Also, save some CL for a trip to a lumber yard as you may need to build a dog house. Not telling the partner a truth is not good Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't wait.  Call the Application Recon number

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont ever lie to your wife Smiley Tongue That never ends well. 30 day notice isnt always the kiss of death. I had the same message for Ink Cash. Turned out to be a verification issue not a denial. Give them a call as others have suggested. And plant your feet firmly in the garden! It tickles me to say that since I sneak out myself now and then Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Dont ever lie to your wife Smiley Tongue That never ends well. 30 day notice isnt always the kiss of death. I had the same message for Ink Cash. Turned out to be a verification issue not a denial. Give them a call as others have suggested. And plant your feet firmly in the garden! It tickles me to say that since I sneak out myself now and then Smiley LOL

You might need a dog house too ...  keep your options open Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For reference, My mother who has an 800+ EX FICO also got the further review 7-10/30 message. We went to our nearest Chase branch and they faxed docs in and all was good. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 39
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Well, I called and they said both are DECLINED!  It's really ok because as you can see my EQ is a mess and I tried to express to her this but she said they can only go by what they see.  She stated the reason for the decline is a couple of collections (these are back 4 years ago, two of them) and my 2009 BK13 that was filed and then dismissed all in the same week.  TU removed it and EX said they would remove next year on the 7 year and of course EQ said it will remain for 10 years, again they hate me!  I'll just continue on without good ole EQ in my life!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@robertkinder wrote:

Well, I called and they said both are DECLINED!  It's really ok because as you can see my EQ is a mess and I tried to express to her this but she said they can only go by what they see.  She stated the reason for the decline is a couple of collections (these are back 4 years ago, two of them) and my 2009 BK13 that was filed and then dismissed all in the same week.  TU removed it and EX said they would remove next year on the 7 year and of course EQ said it will remain for 10 years, again they hate me!  I'll just continue on without good ole EQ in my life!

Call back a few times and bug em.

Sucks they pulled EQ on you.

Message 8 of 39
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@robertkinder wrote:

I will give it another shot because she was short.  However I will try to wait 2-3 months and app again this time with Eq froze maybe they will do ex or tu.  I will wait until they get over 650 which should be pretty soon it seems.

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@robertkinder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@robertkinder wrote:

I will give it another shot because she was short.  However I will try to wait 2-3 months and app again this time with Eq froze maybe they will do ex or tu.  I will wait until they get over 650 which should be pretty soon it seems.

While I don't disagree with your reasons for doing so, I'll say this. Smiley Happy

It is unethical to freeze a report(s) to force a lender into pulling a more favorable report.

Waiting for 650's however is a decent plan, ~680's will give you a much better chance.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.