cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fell out of the garden and got what I deserved!!

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Fell out of the garden and got what I deserved!!

The FICO forums do not advocate freezing reports to pull a better one. And no matter how you rationalize it, freezing eq is so they don't pull it. It's your report, it's your duty to clean.

I jumped through a ton of hoops to clean off collections with fall off dates between 2016 and 2019. I don't freeze any of my reports. I waited to apply for prime cards till the reports were clean.

You've been given good advice on getting that off equifax. If it's supposed to fall off after 7 years, which I believe is the case, then you need to make sure eq follows through.

Reports on ice are allowed in the forum for the purpose of not apping. Okay, Nuff ranting.
Signature needs updating
Message 21 of 39
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Dont put words in my mouth friend Smiley Tongue I made zero promises and have no regrets. Plans are modified according to progress Smiley Happy

Heehee, you know I'm just joshing you.  And with that nice cli on discover, I would have no regrets neither.

Signature needs updating
Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
The FICO forums do not advocate freezing reports to pull a better one. And no matter how you rationalize it, freezing eq is so they don't pull it. It's your report, it's your duty to clean.

I jumped through a ton of hoops to clean off collections with fall off dates between 2016 and 2019. I don't freeze any of my reports. I waited to apply for prime cards till the reports were clean.

You've been given good advice on getting that off equifax. If it's supposed to fall off after 7 years, which I believe is the case, then you need to make sure eq follows through.

Reports on ice are allowed in the forum for the purpose of not apping. Okay, Nuff ranting.

Like me, I froze EX so I don't accidentally slip and apply for AMEX or Chase who seem to pretty much give me whatever I want right now. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can borrow my couch Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 39
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do appreciate that, but fortunately she has forgiven me!  Smiley Tongue  She knows I'm addicted to that rush and has put up with me for 23 years so is willing to give me another chance (after I turned over my Victoria Secret Card to her, that I soooo had to app for! Smiley Embarassed 

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I do appreciate that, but fortunately she has forgiven me!  Smiley Tongue  She knows I'm addicted to that rush and has put up with me for 23 years so is willing to give me another chance (after I turned over my Victoria Secret Card to her, that I soooo had to app for! Smiley Embarassed 

Nice new handle Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I was confused for a minute.  Fits him.  Well it could fit a lot of us.

Message 27 of 39
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nixon, I figured I just might as well embrace it! Smiley LOL

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 28 of 39
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I was confused for a minute.  Fits him.  Well it could fit a lot of us.

Irish, sadly it does!  I was also inspired by myfico Idol Creditaddict Smiley Very Happy I just think I get more joy out of the hunt than the capture! Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 39
LiberatedRN
Contributor

I am sorry it didn't work out for you as planned, and forgive me, but the title of your thread made me laugh!!! I have felt like that before.I have applied for cards when I knew better! This whole credit thing is something else! Best wishes to you!

Officially in the Garden: 2-7-15 till 2-7-16 EQ 711 TU 735 EX 709 (Goal Score 750) (current accounts and inquiries need to age)AmexBlueCashPreferred$6.5K /CDP$6.3K/CitiDblCash$1.5k/Discover$4K/AmexGRN / ChaseFreedom$3.5K /Chase Disney$2.5K/ShopHQ$3.8K/Ebates$3.5K/WilliamsSonoma$4.5K/ /Amazon$2.6K/ HSN$2.3K /Walmart$2.3K/JCrew$4.5K / QVC$2.8K/PayPalCredit$884/BOA(sec)$600/The Loft $1000/Target $500/JCPenney$400/VS$500Last App2-7-15
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.