Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally! A Chase approval!

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Finally! A Chase approval!

...but it's a lowly Slate. My scores are all low to mid 700s according to FAKOS but Chase approved me for $4000 with a 22.9 APR after the 15 month introductory period is over...

I know I shouldn't be whining but I wonder if I should have just gone for the Freedom instead.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally! A Chase approval!

I should add that I didn't go for the Freedom for 2 reasons:
1.) I've always been denied by Chase so I thought this approval was a long shot.
2.) I was recently denied for a Discover card. I think the Discover denial was from when I burned them when I was young and not yet a "credit scholar". They offered me the "joint applicant" option but I don't need a card bad enough that I have to share it.
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your approval. It's always best to app for the card you want - if you don't mind the Hp, why not try the Freedom?
Message 3 of 7
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Well...I really just wanted a card for balance transfers, and I had heard that the Slate was easier to get approved for than the Freedom. I've been denied for the CSP twice in the past year, so I just figured I didn't meet their standards for a rewards card.
I will use this card heavily for transfers and then try for a better Chase card later after establishing a relationship. The CSP is the card that I want though as I'm outside of the USA for most of the year and I hate using my Cap One cards (no foreign fees) as they don't grow much.

Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Then the Slate is the best card for BTs. Idk if its easier than Freedom but def easier than CSP. After 6-9 mos you should try for the CSP again.
Message 5 of 7
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Thanks I will. Will the Slate card grow with usage?
Message 6 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
There's a .001% you'll get an auto cli.
And a 999.999% youll need to request a cli and get a HP.

I had a Slate back in 08, and it started at $400 then auto clied to 700 at the year mark, but Ive experienced nothing like that with my $5k Freedom.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.