Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally approved for Citi Diamond Preferred MC

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Finally approved for Citi Diamond Preferred MC

Well after a week of waiting the status finally changed to approved .. I wanted a world mc to round out my credit cards but looks like i 

might not get that .. 

initial credit limit - 3000 Smiley Sad

is world mc like vis sig where you need a minimum credit line of 5k ? how good is citi with clis ?

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally approved for Citi Diamond Preferred MC

You got the "World" Version of the Diamond Preferred ? Is the logo still orange/red or silver like the CSP card ? thanks

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 2 of 14
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

dunno dont have the card yet but i really would like a larger credit limit .. anything i can do about it ?

Message 3 of 14
grubs
Valued Member

I think you will like Citi CLI and they way they go about it. One CLI every six months online via SP. if they don't approve your requested amount they will counter offer.
Message 4 of 14
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

can i contact them to possibly increase my limit now ?? any backdoor number ?

update

well i called the backdoor number for the presidential office or whatever and she said she will ask her analysts to re-evaluate for a higher limit but i told 

her i dont want another hard pull on my credit and she said there shouldnt be 

Message 5 of 14
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

Well after a week of waiting the status finally changed to approved .. I wanted a world mc to round out my credit cards but looks like i 

might not get that .. 

initial credit limit - 3000 Smiley Sad

is world mc like vis sig where you need a minimum credit line of 5k ? how good is citi with clis ?

Check out my siggy lines. $3K from Citi Diamond Pref.  Don't understand Citi. I am just past the one year mark. no CLI. Citi hates me now, and I don't know why. Chase and AMEX like me. Even fickle Barclays likes me. Not Citi. They said I have too much unused credit line available with OTHER cards. Probably the same issue they have with you. Gve me a horrible interest rate too.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 6 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Citi blows!
Bahahhahaha
I can almost pwomise you, you WILL get another HP!!
But good luck 😁
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 14
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

please dont tell me thatSmiley Sad

Message 8 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Im sorry...
But they hp'ed my EQ three times and EXP once for a $5k dia pref approval :-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 14
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I haven't had any cc inquiry on anything but experian .. Which is my lowest score .. It really sucks .. Asked chase about a cli and they pull experian .. So I have to hold off for a year
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.