mhopper321

Finally!!

So I have been in the process of rebuilding for a few years now after my BK7 discharged in 3/08. Credit at that time was horrible but had a spouse with stellar credit. She cosigned for a couple auto loans through the years until we divorced in 12/11. Fast forward an over the past 6 months I have gotten all three bureaus as of yesterday 1/23 into the 700 club! So freaking excited to join the club finally. I just opened a Barclay Rewards, a CapOne Cash Rewards and now last night a Platinum Rewards through my credit union with a 3500 limit! 3x's my largest limit. I have several rebuilder cards I used to keep balances on now all ablances are zero and PIF each month. I must admit my income has greatly increased since 2011 so this has helped pay thingd down and get the scores up. I will note however the only card I applied for and got denied was a discover more card. Anyways here's my list in order of age and now I am back to gardening until I buy my house later this year.

CapOne Platinum-1000

HSBC-700

CreditONE-500

Paypal-300

WalMart-300

CapOne Cash Rewards-1000

Barclays Rewards-1000

PSCU Platinum Rewards-3500

And all PIF each month. Score went from 628 on all 3 bureaus, which I have never seen, in May of 2012 when I bought my truck to 708 EQ, 714 TU, 700 EX, all lender pulled yesterday looking into mortgage. And not even 5 years yet after BK. Feeling good about it. On a side note I have had more than a few installment loans through my credit union and they are a true resource when rebuilding. Hope this helps someone who's trying to rebuild. CHEERS

Rebuilding from BK7 in January of 08
Multiple auto loans since
Current scores: 711 EQ, 714 TU, 700 EX
Goal Scores: 720+ on all 3
Card Mix:
CapOne Plat-1000
HSBC-700
Credit One-500(CLOSED)
Paypal-300(CLOSED)
WalMart-300(CLOSED)
CapOne Cash Reward-1500
Barclay Rewards-3500
PSCU Plat Rewards-3500
CHASE FREEDOM-5000
09Lexie

Re: Finally!!

Congratulations on your hard work. I am sure you are done apping for awhile ESP if you are thinking about a mortgage. Your current cards will age nicely ( Ge cards are known for generous CLI's)  and since you have rebuilt your profile I am positive more prime cards are in your future. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}