cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First CC Approved!! What in the world!??!?

tag
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

First CC Approved!! What in the world!??!?

Ok so I applied for the Cap1 Platinum MC since it was for limited history. I only started building credit in July(with a FP card $300 CL).  I have student loans I was paying on for the last 2 years but apparently that doesnt matter. 

When I applied online, I got the "we are reviewing your application and you will receive a letter in 7-10 days."  I can't wait that long...I"m too impatient. So I called today and told them I needed to know what the status was bc I can't access my mail. She told me "due to privacy reasons I can't access the letter." So I proceeded to tell her that there was an issue regarding my mail system(which there was 2 weeks ago and should be resolved by now but hey you never know...lol) and said I really needed to figure out a way to know the status bc I don't want a card floating around somewhere. So she again put me on hold...once she came back she told me "well its saying your account is active"   HUH???   lol.   So I asked her if that meant I was approved....and she said "well its showing that your account is active so I'm guessing so!"   I asked if she could tell me what the CL was and she said "$1000"   WHAT!??!? No way.  I've only ever heard of this card giving $300 or $500 CL and only one CLI to $750.  Right?!? Has anyone ever started out with a $1000 CL???

Now I'm sitting here wondering if this was a mistake and she was giving me someone elses info! LOL.  I don't think I'll believe it til I see it in the mail. She sounded confused bc it was showing active....but I havent even gotten the card in the mail yet.  Even so, she said theres no way for anyone to actually activate the card bc you need all of your info...so I guess it's just showing that I have an account with them?

Then she said..."welcome to the family!! Have a great day!" 

Smiley Very Happy   Pretty good for my first CC when I've only had a couple months of history! (still I dont think i'll be totally satisfied til I see the card in the mail lol)

Does this mean I wont get a CLI at all since I"m already at $1000? LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 1 of 101
100 REPLIES 100
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: First CC Approved!! What in the world!??!?

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 101
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 101
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

Gratz Smiley Happy but as in all you info all somebody needs if they get lucky is the last 4 of you ssn. If she said it turned on I would have asked for it to be closed and a new one sent ASAP. I'm guessing you had to give them your SSN to talk to them so odds of them seeing somebody elses account is not likly.

Message 4 of 101
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Hurray!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!!!!

Don't even have the card yet and already worried about a CLI?! Smiley Very Happy

Good job. I knew you could do it!  $1000 CL how awesome is that?

Don't worry, you still might get CLIs but usually not much from Cap1.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 5 of 101
JustinNguyen
Contributor

i have a friend.no credit history. NON he just came to USA about month ago. i bring him to apply and get his SSN number !. and i apply for him a credit card too. We see the message wait for 7-10 day.Guess what? he got approval for 2000$ . i want to know what the hell going on with capital one Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 101
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You will still get a credit step CLI, probably around $500. I started with $3000 from cap1 and I was "pre-approved" for a $500 CLI after my 6th statement. Within a few days after setting up your card and online account you will get a "document" online that will detail everything. 

Congrats on your card!! cap1 was my first too...and I'll always remember her Smiley Tongue rofl Smiley Very Happy 

Message 7 of 101
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Okay, now pull the trigger on a Walmart application.

Do you shop at Walmart?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 8 of 101
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

@JustinNguyen wrote:

i have a friend.no credit history. NON he just came to USA about month ago. i bring him to apply and get his SSN number !. and i apply for him a credit card too. We see the message wait for 7-10 day.Guess what? he got approval for 2000$ . i want to know what the hell going on with capital one Smiley Very Happy

what!? no way. that is crazy! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 9 of 101
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

I didn't know they started CL at $3000 on this card. That's pretty awesome.

Thanks guys! yay!  Just 4 months ago I was thinking I was doomed for ever. I seriously don't know why I didn't start this process a long time ago lol

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 10 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.