Did you mean: 

First Flat Out Denial in A While

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: First Flat Out Denial in A While

Thanks for the info finstar, going to try and cool
My jets for a while.

6 months sounds like a plan for saks. Maybe if i can resist any more tu pulls, ill do an instore app before xmas lol.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to do in store for both Nordstroms m/c & Neiman's in Dec.

Message 12 of 16
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I am used to the application requires further processing message get back to me in 30 days or receiving a store card instread of synchrony bank visa or mastercard lol.

I applied for Saks Credit Card, I knew I probably shouldn't have because I have too many CapitalOne credit cards and a Neimans Credit Card. 

I have 5 capitalone mc/visa cards when I opened Neimans putting me at 6 cards. So I thought it was a grey area thing maybe with capitalone especially with the retail cards. I knew they were going to pull TU, my inquiries are down to 10 (which is LOW for me) and it took about 20 seconds to spit this out to me. 

Worth a recon? 

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 7.39.59 PM.png

I've heard that for a store card this is not the usual ease of apprvoal, a Recon couldn't hurt don't take a pull without at least getting a more direct response.

Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:
Thanks for the info finstar, going to try and cool
My jets for a while.

6 months sounds like a plan for saks. Maybe if i can resist any more tu pulls, ill do an instore app before xmas lol.

Sure, anytime.  So yes, no limit on the number of combined Capital One CCs (as far as private label and legacy mix goes) and you can still get your Saks later if you want.  I would make a store visit and apply directly there since the Platium MC or WEMC can only be done in-store (just like Macy's, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom).  Worse case scenario, if you get the store version (which is still doable), wait for about 12 months to upgrade to WEMC (depending on your profile, you'll be considered for WEMC first, then Platinum MC).  So, try again in about 6-8 months.

Message 14 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

Thank u for the info! I was always confused on the cap1 policy.
Message 15 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I was denied saks too and even recon through EO office and they came back standing by denial.

I was like I love my $5k venture approved a week before this but can't even get $500 saks.

I also have Neimans.

She didn't have to many answers for me but maybe to much available credit.

YAWN

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.