Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Joyful Bliss

tag
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

Re: First Premier Joyful Bliss

I got two offers in the mail yesterday. One from First premier and the other from Verve??? I looked over both offers and they appeared identical same AF and per month charges, same starting limits, blah blah blah. They promptly got handed to my 6 year old to run through the shredder. He asked why I didn't want these credit cards and I had to explain that mommy has better credit cards than these and I don't want these cards when I have a chance for better cards in the future as well if I let the cards I have grow. I showed him how they took money from the card right off the top and he wasn't too happy about that. He said he'd rather stick with my Macy's and Capital one cards!
Slowly rebuilding, learning as I go, but that's the beauty of learning...You never have to stop!

Current FICO scores: EX: 664 TU: 650 EQ: 668

Message 11 of 35
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

36%? Yuck! Smiley Frustrated

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

ouch!

Message 13 of 35
joedtx
Valued Contributor

I'm surprised someone hasn't chimed in saying 36% doesn't matter if you PIF Smiley LOL ...... To me that is is the equivilant of saying well it's fun to bungee jump as long as the rope doesn't snap. 

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is why they are a South Dakota bank located in Sioux Falls. South Dakota has no usury laws so they can charge as much interest as they want.

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I reading that correctly? An AF of $79, PLUS a monthly fee?

Message 16 of 35
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

HOLY DONKEY KONG!

I would just get a secured card with Capital One or Navy Fed. 

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Utl @ 10% - Main Card: Navy FCU Cash Rewards
Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had fpb befor. It is more trouble than its worth. Last year I just had one secured card. Then I got a quicksilver, credit one and milestone. I shouldn't have gotten credit one or milestone. I just got them because I could. I need to close them, especially since I have Walmart and amazon now.
Message 18 of 35
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Wow, how generous of them to only charge $8 monthly servicing fee for the first year vs. $12 servicing fee that's normally charged! $144 annual servicing fee and then $79 Annual fee. I would love to call and have them explain to me both charges and what is the difference? I mean you basically paying them $223 a year to have a credit card even if you PIF! I guess the price of having bad credit!

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

A secured card is better than this
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.