Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital Sony Card Approval!!!

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

GE Capital Sony Card Approval!!!

feeling lucky after my Macy's approval couple hours ago, I decided to pull the trigger with GE and the Sony card as I need to get me a new phone. Applied online and got a message to call in due to the fraud alerts on my file. Honestly I was 95% sure they were gonna pull Equifax but was def in for a surprise smh... To my greatest shock they pulled Experian!!! Smiley Mad Anyways I called in and the rep said she had to put me on hold to call back the number listed on my Fraud Alert statement. Well she called back but since it wasn't a regular 800 number, I didn't answer and it didn't even occur to me it was them. Well she came back and informed me the application was declined! Bummer!!! I hung up, called back in immediately and explained the situation to another rep who then transfered me to a supervisor. Well after much verification and some trivia questions with her, she approved me for $1500 even though I had requested for $8500. She asked if I wanted a limit increase but came back and said that was all they could approve me for at this time. I swear no more apps for me again, I'm going back to freeze my files. I've accumulated a total of 9 inquiries on EX already in a month so pissed but it's all good lol!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: GE Capital Sony Card Approval!!!

Congrats on your approval!

I thought that Sony was backed by Cap1? 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 10
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Congrats on your approval!

I thought that Sony was backed by Cap1? 

Thanks Yudeology... yeah u right, there is a Sony credit card backed by Cap One and a second offered by GE Capital, prolly more like financing. Not very sure... but they said I'll be receiving the card in 7-10days

Message 3 of 10
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

congrats!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 10
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Congrats, happy spending! 

Message 5 of 10
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

Congrats, happy spending! 

lmfaoooo that just killed me twice - more like "happy spending" and face the consequences later loool Smiley Very Happy thanks tho Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats. I have this card bought two flat screens last year.  Unlike most GE cards, they pull EX and hp for CLI's on Ex too. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.