Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Walmart CLI

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart CLI

My 4th statement will post December 13th. I'll be calling for an increase that day! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 141 of 148
DCole3g
New Contributor

I applied for the Walmart card last night (online) and was approved for $900.  I called the backdoor number this am and asked for a $2100 CLI, got countered for  $600... I'll take it. My limit now is $1500, I'lll call back in 4 months and try for the $3000 again after I use the card some, especially for the gas.  While reading through this thread I noticed someone had put the backdoor number for all GE cards, so I called and got my Old Navy increased to $3000, from $1500...I'll take that as well.  I am loving this forum.  I'm pretty new to the backdoor numbers and requesting CLI, but I'm loving it already.  Doing the Happy Dance, cha..cha..cha!!!

Message 142 of 148
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I got impatient and called the backdoor number at the top of the page (ends with 7548). Got shot down. Did that just after 3 month. I got the automated system and not an actual person. I found another number for underwritting that I might try. 

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 143 of 148
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Ok, as noted above, I called for a CLI after 3 months instead of 4 and got shot down. So I waited until my 4th statement posted then spoke to an underwriter. Got denied! A letter arrived a week later. It said that I didn't have enough time with my current credit limit. Could that be because they gave me an auto- CLI after 2 months so I have to wait until 4 months after that? I've been using and paying the card down/off monthly. 

Happy to hear that a SAMs club will be going up near me and they will be selling gas.  Good use for the card! 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 144 of 148
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

Ok, as noted above, I called for a CLI after 3 months instead of 4 and got shot down. So I waited until my 4th statement posted then spoke to an underwriter. Got denied! A letter arrived a week later. It said that I didn't have enough time with my current credit limit. Could that be because they gave me an auto- CLI after 2 months so I have to wait until 4 months after that? I've been using and paying the card down/off monthly. 

Happy to hear that a SAMs club will be going up near me and they will be selling gas.  Good use for the card! 

this isn't nessecarily true. 

i got denied by the auto cli and called back the next day and spoke to the uw directly.. and got approved. a week later i got two letters 

one was i was denied of limit being too new and the other congratulating me on my increase. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 145 of 148
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I know this is an older post, but I was enjoying the late night reading.  So, I have had my Walmart store card (700 CL) since November.  I used it during Christmas and made payments in Dec. and Jan. before paying the balance off in Feb.   Instead of just waiting to call the backdoor number, I hit the luv button people speak of.  I received a slight increase to an even 1k, but hey, it's the middle of the night.  Not sure if I will call the number later today to ask for more, or just wait a few months now.  I am still in the process of rebuilding so the increase is better than denied. 

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 146 of 148
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

I know this is an older post, but I was enjoying the late night reading.  So, I have had my Walmart store card (700 CL) since November.  I used it during Christmas and made payments in Dec. and Jan. before paying the balance off in Feb.   Instead of just waiting to call the backdoor number, I hit the luv button people speak of.  I received a slight increase to an even 1k, but hey, it's the middle of the night.  Not sure if I will call the number later today to ask for more, or just wait a few months now.  I am still in the process of rebuilding so the increase is better than denied. 

Were you over the 4 month mark when you hit the luv button?

Message 147 of 148
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Well, I was like a week or so shy of 4 months.   

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 148 of 148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.