Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB - Paypal Smart Connect Approved

tag
Chris1228
Contributor

GECRB - Paypal Smart Connect Approved

Went for the PP Extras MC and they ended up approving me $600 for the Smart Connect. I assume this is paypals starter card? Hope to garden it and get the CLI upped quickly with GE Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: GECRB - Paypal Smart Connect Approved

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 21
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Chris1228 wrote:

Went for the PP Extras MC and they ended up approving me $600 for the Smart Connect. I assume this is paypals starter card? Hope to garden it and get the CLI upped quickly with GE Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on the new card

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 3 of 21
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
Libra85
Regular Contributor

@Chris1228 wrote:

Also, apply for the PayPal Debit MasterCard the Business card. Make sure its not the Prepaid card. Add your Smart connect account as a backup form of payment and use it like a regular mastercard. I did it last week and was approved for the debit mastercard. I've been using it like a regular credit card. 

October 2021
Message 6 of 21
Chris1228
Contributor

I have the PP Debit Mastercard for years already, we have an ebay buisness so it comes in handy and just uses the PP account balance. So you are saying to add the SC card as backup for the Debit card so it uses the SC balance instead of the PP account balance? Stupid question, but why not just use the SC card itself? Is it not a mastercard branded card??

Message 7 of 21
Libra85
Regular Contributor

@Chris1228 wrote:

I have the PP Debit Mastercard for years already, we have an ebay buisness so it comes in handy and just uses the PP account balance. So you are saying to add the SC card as backup for the Debit card so it uses the SC balance instead of the PP account balance? Stupid question, but why not just use the SC card itself? Is it not a mastercard branded card??

Yes, It uses the Smart Connect balance if you don't have a PP balance. I currently have a $0 Paypal balance and all of my transactions have been approved. SmartConnect is just a line of credit from paypal kinda like BillMeLater. I linked the SmartConnect with the Debit card so it could be used like a mastercard. 

October 2021
Message 8 of 21
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@Chris1228 wrote:

Stupid question, but why not just use the SC card itself? Is it not a mastercard branded card??

There is no physical card with this product. It is like a line of credit at a bank, but for your paypal account.

Message 9 of 21
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new TL, see ya in the garden!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.