Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamestop Response HELP!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gamestop Response HELP!!!!

Finally received a denial letter in the mail for the Gamestop Pre-approval.  I really think I should call for a recon based on their response.

"Because your name, address  or social security number was different from the information we used in the original pre-approved credit offer, we are unable to complete the processing of your response and we are unwilling to extend credit to you at this time." 

WHAT?  How would it NOT match??  Who's did they use??

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Gamestop Response HELP!!!!

Definately call and see what's up. Good luck

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 11
rryntz
Valued Member

@ojefferyo wrote:

+1

Starting Score:535
Current Score:Equifax 675 Transunion 674 Experian 692 (MyFico 12/05/2014)
Goal Score: 720+
Chase Slate $500 | Cap1 QuickSilver $1500 | Cap1 Quicksilver $1250 | Cap1 Quicksilver $1000 | Navy Federal $10k | Barclay NFL Rewards $1500 | Barclay Rewards $1000 | Overstock.com $2700 | AMEX BCE $5000 | Cabela's Visa $1500
Entered Garden 11/2014 - staying minimum 6months
Message 3 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

+2

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 11
b_diddy
Established Contributor

+1

Even a slight variation will kick out a denail from some CCC's.  Recon!

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@b_diddy wrote:

+1

Even a slight variation will kick out a denail from some CCC's.  Recon!

I already have several Comenity cards.  You'd think they'd be able to figure something out, call me or ask ME to call them.?  I know that my Gamestop account had my old address and did NOT have my full name listed.  I changed it all and when I called into Comenity I told them that may present a problem on their end, but the CSR said no.  I'm 100% sure they did NOT know what they were talking about. 

Do you think this may have been the problem as well?

Message 6 of 11
KORN
New Contributor

Thought about getting their card since the holiday times are coming and  I want to buy the PS4 Destiny edition..it's so nice Smiley Happy

Do they offer anything?  0% interest or anything?  The site just has the card and a high APR rate that i'm looking at right now.

Barclay$1450/Cap1 QuickSilver1 $1300/BofA $1,000/ChaseAmazon $1,000/Amazon $2500/Old Navy $800/REDcard $800/Walmart $600/PayPal $1900/Game Stop $350-5/8/14 638..8/12/14 696..10/2/14 712
Message 7 of 11
someg33k
Established Contributor

This exact same thing happened to me with the HSN card a while ago. Pre-Approved popup, filled out the info then got 7-10 day message. Letter stated same as yours did, but I just said heck with it and did not bother to recon.

Few months later I got the popup again, but this time instant approval. Seems like it was a glitch on their end from the start. You should try and call them, nothing to lose.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@someg33k wrote:

This exact same thing happened to me with the HSN card a while ago. Pre-Approved popup, filled out the info then got 7-10 day message. Letter stated same as yours did, but I just said heck with it and did not bother to recon.

Few months later I got the popup again, but this time instant approval. Seems like it was a glitch on their end from the start. You should try and call them, nothing to lose.

Good to know. I'm calling them today.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old thread, but I just received the same letter from Comenity for the HSN popup.  Just wondering if anything came of this.  Should I call to get more information?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.