Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamestop no response

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gamestop no response

I was preapproved online for the Gamestop card so I broke down and accepted it but it said "under review."  I called in and of course they couldn't tell me anything at that time.  It's been two weeks exactly and I've still gotten nothing in the mail.  Do you think it was denied?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gamestop no response

@Anonymous wrote:

I was preapproved online for the Gamestop card so I broke down and accepted it but it said "under review."  I called in and of course they couldn't tell me anything at that time.  It's been two weeks exactly and I've still gotten nothing in the mail.  Do you think it was denied?

i Don't think so, give it 30 days Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 25
uswala
Senior Contributor

I think you will receive a mail either way.

Message 3 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

call backdoor and make them transfer you to "fraud protection" whatever they call that department... omg I can never remember and I use to call it weekly... some reps will tell you they don't have such a thing... explain to them they can learn something new today and if they insist no, ask for supervisor because you can't talk to someone that knows less about the company than you do Smiley Tongue

it's exausting sometimes but I would not hang up until someone got me an approval or a denail on the app... it's clearly lost in the system right now and they will say just wait for the letter but most of the time I find those never come!

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

call backdoor and make them transfer you to "fraud protection" whatever they call that department... omg I can never remember and I use to call it weekly... some reps will tell you they don't have such a thing... explain to them they can learn something new today and if they insist no, ask for supervisor because you can't talk to someone that knows less about the company than you do Smiley Tongue

it's exausting sometimes but I would not hang up until someone got me an approval or a denail on the app... it's clearly lost in the system right now and they will say just wait for the letter but most of the time I find those never come!

Thanks. I will call again and explain that I am assuming application is lost. 

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

30 days really??

Message 6 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

30 days really??

that's insane and sounds like a comenity rep speaking!

Message 7 of 25
Scott_S
Regular Contributor

It's called "Account Protection"  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost 3 weeks and no response.  Is this normal?  I'm ready to give up on it.

Message 9 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Probably got lost in the process somewhere along the line or a computer hick-up if it popped up with a pre-approval..  I got mine within 5 days of accepting, but didnt get the pending message either.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.