Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting multiple barclays cards!!

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Getting multiple barclays cards!!

@enharu wrote:

So they want at least 6 months in between cards then? or longer?

I might be interested in another Barclays card, but having to deal with them sounds a little too troublesome for what it's worth.

I app'ed for the Arrival (my 4th, and likely my last Barclay) about 2 months after the NFL card.  It was pending review for about 10 days before finally being approved.  Prior to that, I had called recon for my NFL card, which was eventful enough that I'm sure they have extensive notes on the call.  I seem to get better results with Barclay without reconning.  

This is really YMMV, since my friend who applied for the Arrival at around the same time under almost indentical circumstances was declined. 

Message 21 of 29
WildTurkey
Valued Member

I was approved for the NFL Visa in October 2013 for $750 CL. Approved for The Ring $5k in March 2014.

Starting Score (4/16/12 lender pull): TU 564 | EX 504 | EQ 522
Current Score (7/24/13 lender pull): TU 677 | EX 627 | EQ 580; 4/6/14 - TU 720 | EX - 683 | EQ 649
Goals: DONE. Homeowner as of 9/27/13. No apps until 2016. Last app 7/16/2014 (auto)

Total Rewards Visa ($7.5k); Barclaycard Ring ($5k); Chase Sapphire ($5k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); Walmart Discover ($2.5k); Amazon Store ($1.9k); Amex BCE ($1k); NFL Ravens Visa ($750)
Message 22 of 29
advocate1
Established Member

From what I understand, Barclay's has been burned in the past because they offer so many different credit cards. People would app for as many as 10 cards in one day and get auto-approved for each, and then default. Neither the inquiries nor the individual cards would show up for a week or so. Now, they instantly deny you for additional cards once you have been approved for one, unless you wait out the 6 months. Be happy with one and then app for another one 6 months later. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

There are plenty of other banks that will give you multiple cards at one time......Capital One, for example. Also, Cap 1's "Credit Steps" program isn't 100% accurate. If they see low utilization and on-time payments, you can get a CLI for much more than what Credit Steps claims. I went from $500 on their QS and Platinum ($1,000 total) to $3,600 combined after 90 days. I even did an online chat to verify. Rep said it was an auto-CLI and I was out of the Credit Steps program.

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to vary for different people and may depend on their profile and I'm thinking that maybe if one of them is a co-branded card that might help. DGF only has a 625 to 630 TU and half a dozen CO and CA's showing and not only did Barlcays approve her for a 1k Barclays Rewards MC an hour after that they approved a 2k Apple Rewards Visa and is was off the same pull so it seems that it just depends. 

Message 24 of 29
galahad15
Valued Contributor

One additional question please, since the forum topic is discussing if one can qualify for multiple cards with Barclays:  is it also possible in theory to get approved with them for more than one of the same card -- for example, if someone hypothetically wanted 2 Ring cards?  Or in this case, best to stay on just the one card and try to build up a higher CL over time?

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the rewards card in July then was approved for the nfl card at the beginning of this month(October)
Message 26 of 29
saidshe
Valued Member

I applied for both Barclays rewards and apple rewards on the same day about 10-15 mins apart got approved for both instantly. Not sure if maybe the order I applied or timing but got both with no prob.
 photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg
 photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg photo vs.jpg
Message 27 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Poozie121 wrote:
Good morning everyone! Just looking for some info on getting two barclays cards...I currently have the apple card for 2k. I would like the rewards card or nfl card, but don't know how long to wait to app again. I have has the apple card for two statements. Is it possible to get two barclays cards? If you have two, how long did u wait between apps? Thanks in advance!!!

I'm not aware of any rules. I have 4 Barclays cards but they were spaced out.

Got LL Bean 3 mos. after Rewards card, US Air (now Aviator) 4 mos. after that, Ring card 6 mos. later.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the NFL card in January. When I apped for the Sallie Mae in April, I had to recon even though my TU score was an even 800 at the time.

ETA: Just realized this is a Lazarus thread.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.