Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving up on Diners Club

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Giving up on Diners Club

@ojefferyo wrote:

So last friday the 31st I applied for the DC premier and got the 7-15 day messsage, and after reading that lots of people were able to get a status of their apps I called in. First time was on saturday and no luck, i figured too early. Second time was on tuesday, still no luck. Third time Wednesday and they still aren't even to be able to locate the application. So I called the other number that someone had posted and the lady (bank of montreal)  I spoke with couldn't find anything either. She said the app may have gotten "lost" or something and suggested I reapply. Then I asked her if they would remove the inquiry since they don't even see the app and she said they can't do that because they don't see the app. Smiley Sad So anywho I took her advice and went ahead and app'd for an elite this time. Got the same 7-15 day message. I figured I would call just to see if they had gotten my application this time. Well they still haven't recieved it. I went to explain to the lady that the first app was about a week already and I just did another app hoping that they would see something. She checked again and nothing. So I called the "backdoor" number and they ended transfering me to a DC "rep" to help me locate the app. He found nothing and said he would talk to the underwriters, puts me on hold and comes back shortly. He said they in fact see the 2 apps and theres a "letter" dated today and will be mailed out today. I'm wondering if the letter is for the first app or the second app, I should have asked but it totally went over my head. He said he couldn't say if it was approved or denied but I should recieve the letter sometime next week. 

So today comes around and i figured if they have a "letter" for me surely someone can tell me something. I call the CSR and she looks me up by my socail and said it's "pending" and i should recieve something in the mail with 7-15 days. So now I'm thinking if it's a denial why not just say so instead I wasted another inquiry on my TU, good thing I don't have many. The first app they pulled TU almost instantly and the second app they didn't pull till later in the day so I'm thinking it may have been a manual review. 

Now the wait begins again, this is so bugging me I just want an answer...lol

i understand but the letter could be your pin number. we applied on the same day so i feel ya. i apped last friday. but i know for a fact nixon apped last monday and still have not heard anything. its a ymmv for sure. lots of patience needed with these folks. i just got lucky i think no problems with app.

Message 11 of 93
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Try to be patient.  I read all the posts here about CSRs not having any information so I didn't bother calling.  Week after applying I got my PIN and 5 days later my card.  I originally got the 7-10 day message, my scores aren't greAt so I wouldn't be shocked if you received your PIN in the mail today or tomorrow.  Remember that they are swamped.

I just got off the phone with them. FYI I was told by a CSR that they are not allowed to leave their station Smiley Very Happy and that they are having their lunch delivered directly to their desk. I had to ask LoL  She said i would not believe the backup they are having to deal with and that applications continue to flow in at a dizzying pace for them.

So yes try the best you can to be patient as hard that is for all of us right now

i actually beleive that because once the myfico members got the news about the diners. the flood gates were open . and you know most of the members here have scores thru the charts. not like the average joe. like myself.Smiley Happyanyway. once the heavy hitters are done. i think it will calm down a little and they will get caught up.

Message 12 of 93
direct007
Established Member

I had a similar issue.  Waited 3 weeks, called a few times, they couldn't find anything.  Come to find out, I was declined because my po box was showing as my primary address on my TU report with my physical address as a secondary.  They advised me to have the physical address listed as the primary with TU and then reapply.  I then logged into my TU account, and found that you can rearrange the priority of your addresses.  I did that.  Checked TU the very next day and saw that the addresses were in the correct order and then reapplied for the Diner's Club card.   Waited a few days, called in, they still couldn't find me.  I explained that I was now waiting almost a month and they transferred me to an underwriter.  She found the new app, pushed it through and was approved for 50k.  A month and two hard inquiries on TU.  It was worth the aggravation for 50k.  ;o)

Message 13 of 93
rlx01
Established Contributor

@Happychap: if you do receive a letter all it will say is:

Unable To Verify Identity

With no other details.
Message 14 of 93
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Just got home and finally received a letter! I was declined due to 'excessive obligations in relation to income' never Been denied for this reason before. I have a mortgage and two car loans and report only showed a balance on one card for 3600. Utilization is 1% with avaialble credit around 800k. Car loans and mortgage payment around 2500 per month . Annual income just under 200k.
I think they are taking into account my available credit, what do u think? As if u take the available 800k as a debt (as I know some banks do) than yes that would make sense I guess...
Message 15 of 93
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Forgot to mention letter did not have any credit score on it but at the time my TU Fico was around 800.
Message 16 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Try to be patient.  I read all the posts here about CSRs not having any information so I didn't bother calling.  Week after applying I got my PIN and 5 days later my card.  I originally got the 7-10 day message, my scores aren't greAt so I wouldn't be shocked if you received your PIN in the mail today or tomorrow.  Remember that they are swamped.

I just got off the phone with them. FYI I was told by a CSR that they are not allowed to leave their station Smiley Very Happy and that they are having their lunch delivered directly to their desk. I had to ask LoL  She said i would not believe the backup they are having to deal with and that applications continue to flow in at a dizzying pace for them.

So yes try the best you can to be patient as hard that is for all of us right now

i actually beleive that because once the myfico members got the news about the diners. the flood gates were open . and you know most of the members here have scores thru the charts. not like the average joe. like myself.Smiley Happyanyway. once the heavy hitters are done. i think it will calm down a little and they will get caught up.

If through the charts you mean a whopping 681 on TU, Then sure. Smiley Tongue

Looks like my new Chase accounts finally hit TU, with lots of UTL! That explains the small drop..

Message 17 of 93
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Nixon did you get any answers or card?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 18 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

Nixon did you get any answers or card?

Yes. "No account has been created yet"

Message 19 of 93
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

So detemined to get some more answers from DC I called the lending department again and they rechecked for me once more (FYI I think they keep records of when you call, she asked if if i had called yesterday, which I did). She put me on hold and talked to the underwriters once again. She comes back on the line and say that they do see the 2 application and are till "reviewing". So now I'm wondering who's pulling my leg here. Yesterday they said a letter is being mailed out and today they are still being reviewed.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 20 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.