Did you mean: 

Good card for 680-690 scores?

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Good card for 680-690 scores?

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking to add another card or two in a month or so.

Current scores are 680ish (FICO) across the board. Only negative on report is a paid repo from almost 3 years ago.

Currently have a secured Cap1 - limit of $950. Also have unsecured Cap1 (QSOne), limit of $4,500. Total credit - $5,500. Utilization under 10%.

I'll be purchasing a vehicle in the next month. In order to do so, I plan to app with DCU for financing, and hopefully get a card from them. I'm looking to add one (or two) to the mix as well.

Once I secure vehicle financing and hopefully a card from DCU, that will put me at 4/24 - so I can squeeze in a Chase card. If DCU is slow to report a new card, I can squeeze in a second.

What would be some good options with my scores? CK shows very good odds of a Chase Freedom Unlimited and Chase Saphire Preferred, good odds for Cap1 Venture, fair odds at Amex EverDay and Bank AmeriCard Cash Rewards.

No real priorities as far as BT, rewards, travel, etc. I'd probably prefer rewards more than anything, but mostly just looking to add to the portfolio and increase overall credit. If it matters, DTI is very low and will still be under 15% after an auto loan.

Sorry to tell you this but CK's "odds" are completely fabricated and meaningless. Just disregard them entirely.

Some cards you might want to look into are the Barclay Rewards card and Synchrony's new Marvel card.

Barclays Apple Rewards is pretty easy to get as well. I got mine even with 23 inquiries. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.