cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got My Very First Pre-Qualified Offers Today! US Bank... Then...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got My Very First Pre-Qualified Offers Today! US Bank... Then...

So, I decided to check for pre-qualified offers today. Checked Amex, nothing. Then checked US Bank and was shocked when I saw this! I have checked a few times over the past few months and nothing. Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the US Bank+ Signature Visa and got the 7-10 day message. Then, it went on to ask if I want a balance transfer??!! and then once I completed that it asked if I wanted to provide my email for an answer so I put that in and then I was told again I would be notified 7-10 days if accepted.

Is this a denial, or has anyone had this same thing happen and success?

Update: Just got a Credit Wise alert that my report was pulled, so they pulled TU which at the moment is at 645

You are prequalified for the offers below. Apply now.

Want to see different cards? Change your preferences.

U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express® Card

Earn up to 5% cash back on categories that you choose.12

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got My Very First Pre-Qualified Offers Today! US Bank... Then...

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I decided to check for pre-qualified offers today. Checked Amex, nothing. Then checked US Bank and was shocked when I saw this! I have checked a few times over the past few months and nothing. Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the US Bank+ Signature Visa and got the 7-10 day message. Then, it went on to ask if I want a balance transfer??!! and then once I completed that it asked if I wanted to provide my email for an answer so I put that in and then I was told again I would be notified 7-10 days if accepted.

Is this a denial, or has anyone had this same thing happen and success?

Update: Just got a Credit Wise alert that my report was pulled, so they pulled TU which at the moment is at 645

You are prequalified for the offers below. Apply now.

Want to see different cards? Change your preferences.

U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express® Card

Earn up to 5% cash back on categories that you choose.12

yes most people get approved.. usually for 500 though if they are pre-qualifed.  Depending on your score/income, etc though that amount could vary.  Assuming you have a 644 I would say a 500 approval.  Best of luck!

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @creditcuriosity. $500 SL even though it's a signature visa? Don't they start at $5,000?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's up to the bank to maintain the 5k minimum. Chase for instance keeps the minimum on Signature cards at 5k but USBank, as they got rid of the non Plus version of the Cash+, gives lower limits
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's too bad @ragkapur!

I got so excited to see my first pre-qual. I really didn't stop to think about it (trials and tribulations of rebuilding). Well, hope at this point it's at least an approval since I alreadty too the HP. Really no need for another card with a tiny limit...

Oh well, if that's what it is, that's what it is. Will teach me a good lesson!

Message 5 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Most banks keep the 5k Signature standard although UsBank and even the Chase Amazon card can be as low as 500 for a Visa Signature.   Sure there are other lenders out there as well that issue Signatures less than 5k, just can't think off the top of my head.  Most cards with chase that are issued as a signature are 5k min, but amazon is the exception.  

Message 6 of 13
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Most banks keep the 5k Signature standard although UsBank and even the Chase Amazon card can be as low as 500 for a Visa Signature.   Sure there are other lenders out there as well that issue Signatures less than 5k, just can't think off the top of my head.  Most cards with chase that are issued as a signature are 5k min, but amazon is the exception.  

Cash+ can be even lower for a Visa Signature--mine was originally approved at $300, lol.  Still included all the paperwork with the Visa Signature benefits and does not show a limit on my online banking info, though the statements do show how much the revolving limit is.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 7 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@GeorgiaBulldog wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Cash+ can be even lower for a Visa Signature--mine was originally approved at $300, lol.  Still included all the paperwork with the Visa Signature benefits and does not show a limit on my online banking info, though the statements do show how much the revolving limit is.

Lol leave it to Us Bank to push the limits of low limit cardsSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 3 overqualified offers. How solid are they. I really don't need a new card. But I never got qualified offer until now
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been wondering the same thing, prior to this I'd never gotten any prequals besides capital one platinum and quicksilver one (well unless you count credit one blowing up my mailbox with preapproved offers every other day lol, that and boscov's) but us bank gave me single APR prequals for cash+ and 2 others and I'm fairly skeptical of it just based off my credit profile

Didn't really see many (or any) approvals on the credit pulls databases for cash+ with around a 650 fico but I have noticed a few of these us bank prequal threads lately, has anyone here been approved recently for any of their us bank prequals who were in the fair range (maybe 640-650ish)? I know I saw a couple people who got the 7-10 message but at least one or 2 of them were ultimately approved I believe (actually i think OP might've been one of them, you did end up getting approved right @mandm?) - anyone else recently get/apply for any of these care to weigh in on this? I've done the prequal 3 times now lol and replicated the same results every time but I'm still too apprehensive to actually try for it haha
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.