Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for My Best Buy store card

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Got approved for My Best Buy store card

Got approved for My Best Buy card yesterday for $1500. Small limit. Wanted to buy a refrigerator, which this limit will not be sufficient for. Can Best Buy store increase the limit to acomodate the purchase on the card?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Got approved for My Best Buy store card

Congrats! It doesn't hurt trying to get a CLI in my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 3 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. For an increase you would have to call Citi since they are the ones that service the card. Requesting an increase with them requires an inquiry on your credit report. Maybe since it is a new account you can call them and ask them if they would reconsider the limit. Good luck and keep us posted if you call them.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 6 of 9
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  That happened to me with my Lowe's card and I was denied an increase....Good luck

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing..Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.