Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the app itch

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Got the app itch

Need Benadryl... Declined offer for PayPal credit and still gardening for discover later this year.. And no one to help app... Credit one was not satisfying even though I just wanted the score
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Got the app itch

@joltdude wrote:
Need Benadryl... Declined offer for PayPal credit and still gardening for discover later this year.. And no one to help app... Credit one was not satisfying even though I just wanted the score

image.jpg

Message 2 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

Now that is hilarious.  Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

You just have to get over it or learn to deal with it.  Apping should be a solution -- not a reason in and of itself.  App when you find something you need/want versus just finding something to satisfy the app itch.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

You just have to get over it or learn to deal with it.  Apping should be a solution -- not a reason in and of itself.  App when you find something you need/want versus just finding something to satisfy the app itch.

I agree with ya on havng to just deal with it. However I disagree that it is a solution because that just implies that there is a problem and having credit will fix it. If you're having money problems more credit will just exacerbate the situation IMO, of course. 

Message 5 of 10
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

It can be really tough for those of us starting our credit journeys. My first credit card was in December of 2011, fast forward 2 years I had 2 medical baddies and maxed out CCs. Once you hit rock bottom and bounce back all you want to do is get more cards and be more responsible. There is something super satisfying about it..

I had all baddies removed, scores are almost 700, now all I want are premium cards!! The app itch sucks man

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 6 of 10
BootStraps
Established Contributor

There are times when staying away from the myFICO forums (for a period of time) might help; this might be one of them. The app itch might ease if you arent reading about all of the cards, approvals and itches that other people are getting.

I'm not recommending that you go away permanently, of course. Just for a week or two until the itch calms down a bit.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Take a deep breath and remember why you are gardening. Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BootStraps wrote:

There are times when staying away from the myFICO forums (for a period of time) might help; this might be one of them. The app itch might ease if you arent reading about all of the cards, approvals and itches that other people are getting.

I'm not recommending that you go away permanently, of course. Just for a week or two until the itch calms down a bit.

Solid advice - in addition to what others have posted.

Message 9 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

There really is an instant gratification from applying for cards... regardless of if you "need" them... at this point im just glad to get prequalify offers (regardless of their validity) As someone previously mentioned.. Its like youve finally "arrived" at a better point in your life from where you started. Actually I really could "use" a second card but i figure im better off the longer I wait... Iv actually helped a few folks in my family who have stellar credit, thicken up their file with some good offers.. and have lived a bit vicariously through them... (instapprovals... Still not there yet) So my starting offer improves (the only debate is dec or march (march is 1 year for the two TLs) and possibly a slightly nicer CL.. Want something for rewards I can pay off... the CU card has NO rewards but its good for financing a large purchase.. which iv already done a few times.. and paid it off (untill I bought a phone this week)... Yes I needed a phone.. my dumbphone kept pocket dialing 911 and the battery is going.. so i finally moved to a smartphone.. I bought it outright with no contract.. Not a big fan of locking myself into a contract.. For awhile I was buying GSM phones from ebay every 2-3 years.. roughly 100$ a whack.. and no contract.. Frankly I dont like having just one card.. Stuff happens.. and its not more credit I need per se, but another physical option.. Say if the card is compromised and reissued.. Like the thought of having another option... and another TL...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.