Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Amex approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Green Amex approval?

Hi all

I used to have a bunch of CC and all of it are closed, some went to collections and I eventually paid off all the settlements. Now I just got a Pre-Approval letter from green Amex and I’m really interested since I don’t have any CC (I need to rebuild my score, tried to apply for discover secured cc got denied)
TU 603
EQ 635

Thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Re: Green Amex approval?

You still have any old baddies or collections open. I would hold off on the charge as they don't count the utilization at all. It's like a debit card you payoff monthly.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

all collections (baddies) are closed and paid/settled
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex has a preapproval site, try it and see what pops up. 

Message 4 of 12
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

If Amex sent you a pre approval chances are you have a few more offers. If you have the choice go for a revolver like bce or ede instead of the green. Check prequal site and see if it says you are pre qualified or we recommend. If it says you are prequalified you have a really good chance of approval. Btw give us some data points if you are still on the edge, might be able to help you out with odds
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure what data points and how do I get it? (I use CK)
I checked the pre approval site from Amex and it says I’m not qualified for any Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to see what your real Fico 8's are.  Amex uses Experian.  If your Experian is 650 and up, probably a pretty good chance to get at least one of the co-branded cards.  Check their prequal page along with Discover and Chase.

Message 7 of 12
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

AAoA, Util, # of Inquries, Scores (EQ,EX,TU), Any negs, # of accounts.

Sorry to hear about the results. Lets see what your data points are and im sure the community can put together a gamplan for you. Worst case you wait out 6 months... don't be bothered by what the system said.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get those info from CK?
Message 9 of 12
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

Yes, there should be a break down for each EQ,TU,EX
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.