Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!! 5TH 3RD BANK PREAPPROVAL

Hi Shayjay! What are your scores?
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same mailer this week.  I quickly tore it up and trashed it since I'm in the garden...

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also got a mailer and I applied for it and was only approved for a 500 sl.. I'm very disappointed I'm going to call them back to see if I can get a least a 1k sl.. My ficoforums.myfico.com score is 703.. this is my lowest amount I've ever  got on a card..

Message 13 of 20
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

When I got the preapproval letter for my truly simple card in September, they matched my highest non-credit union card, which was commerce@15,000

I got a preapproved mailer for the Trio card the other day. Not in instant approval, but neither with my previous card with them. I’m really curious as to what my limit will be. Will it be 500, or will it be 15,000. That is the million dollar question I’ll update on Tuesday after I speak to the CSR
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:
When I got the preapproval letter for my truly simple card in September, they matched my highest non-credit union card, which was commerce@15,000

I got a preapproved mailer for the Trio card the other day. Not in instant approval, but neither with my previous card with them. I’m really curious as to what my limit will be. Will it be 500, or will it be 15,000. That is the million dollar question I’ll update on Tuesday after I speak to the CSR

Sending positive vibes toward you and your application buddy! 

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did the 5/3 bank Trio card go for you? As of recently in the same situation $500 sl
Message 16 of 20
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

For me, it ended up as a $6k SL. Not too shabby between their 2 pre-approved mailers for the Truly Simple@15k, and Trio@6k
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
How did the 5/3 bank Trio card go for you? As of recently in the same situation $500 sl

Could you share some data points, like your score and other limits? That may help us understand why your SL was so low. 

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as banking with them, 5/3 made me MAD about 20 years ago.  My paper paycheck was drawn on 5/3, from the SAME BRANCH where I deposited my check, and if I deposited it as a check on Friday, it wouldn't clear until Tuesday, the only way to get it to clear quicker was to cash it, then deposit the cash.  How dumb was that...their bank, their branch, and they put a hold on it.  This wasn't a one time thing either, it was every week.  Haven't banked with them since.

Message 19 of 20
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Oy vay

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.