HELP!!!!! NFCU locked out for eligibility

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!!!! NFCU locked out for eligibility

@TRC_WA wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

Yep. *sigh* man this sucks.

Brutal...    NFCU definitely doesn't play when it comes to membership.

It makes me curious whether my half brother who lives with us can join and sponsor me (Sworn in Army Reserve, Basic after graduating HS)..Hmm.

Message 81 of 110
jsully87
Regular Contributor

if so -- i would recommend doing everything over the phone or in branch so that way they dont send you to security later. and wait like a month before apping for anything....

Myfico EQ 670 / TU 625 / EX 614 Jan 11,2015
AAoA : 4yrs
Mine: Cap1 $500 | Cap1 $300 | FH 1100 Store Cards : $2750CL
AU QS 750 | AU Cap1 1000 | AU Cr1 500 | AU Fp 300
Message 82 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsully87 wrote:

if so -- i would recommend doing everything over the phone or in branch so that way they dont send you to security later. and wait like a month before apping for anything....

I believe we have a branch in Garland, So it'll be worth taking a look at. Think they'll let him join before turning 18?

I don't plan on apping for anything until May at the soonest, I'm gunning for a Citi AAdvantage Executive approval.

Message 83 of 110
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

I believe we have a branch in Garland, So it'll be worth taking a look at. Think they'll let him join before turning 18?

I don't plan on apping for anything until May at the soonest, I'm gunning for a Citi AAdvantage Executive approval.

Yes, he can join and have his check DD into the account 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 84 of 110
jsully87
Regular Contributor

Yeah they have a few in the Dallas area -- and in Killeen, San Antonio....I looked. I'm in the Beaumont area -- so I would've gone to Leesville if I had to. But I guess I don't have to worry about it now unless I find some other connection in my family I dont know about.

Message 85 of 110
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Nixon, my apologies.  I meant TheGardener.  This thread is definitely a must read for all rebuilding, improving their credit portfoloio and credit limits.  It's really hard to not jump onboard these "credit ships" when they dock into port and everyone is becoming members and being approved for CC's.  I'm sure NFCU being a month behind with it's security in this particular incident, definitely led to the gut wrenching emotional response none of us would want to experience.  It's definitely good to see a supportive community who understand the complete picture.  I'm sure you will either find that extra gear to exhuast all your efforts with NFCU or put this one in the rear view mirror and focus on building with another CU/bank.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

I'm sorry as of yet the situation hasn't worked out favorable.  Nixon gave sound advice on the balance transfer which can definitely be a positive if anything comes out of this situation.  Although NFCU will report it as a closed account, as long as you make the payments on time, it's a positive TL.  It also frees up the accounts from which the BT's were made.

I did?

I don't like to take credit for other's help..

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 86 of 110
jsully87
Regular Contributor

Yep. I am glad I have all of you as support and guidance.

On to the next adventure.....

Maybe I'll have a therapudic burning of the NFCU cards tonight Smiley Happy

Message 87 of 110
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@jsully87 wrote:

Received our cards in the mail yesterday. I don't even understand why they sent them if they locked the accounts out before they would have even been put in the mail...

Just made me more upset this didn't work out.

I'm curious too because I see alot about people getting excepted with skipped generation, providing muster rolls from ancestry and info off headstones, etc.

With my DH other grandpa being army -- we don't know anything about his service except he was in the Korean war -- and was a purple heart recpient. DH dad is deceased, as well as most of his aunts uncles etc.

We would need a SSN to look up anything or request anything. I was hoping this could be our other way in -- but if NFCU is requesting records of everything -- I cant provide.

I don't know why I am trying so hard to make this all work when I know its not. I guess I feel like I have to exhaust all options.

I just hate that there is 2500 in credit sitting on my kitchen counter I can't do anything with.

And we did balance transfers on both cards --- so I have no clue whats going to happen with that.

**sigh**

As a family member you can also request his service records. Even without a SS number or service number often records can still be found.

Apply online like you did before and supply all the information you have available. Hopefully you'll find out something.

Good luck to you!

Message 88 of 110
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

Just try to work with them send them docs needed. Good luck.

Message 89 of 110
jsully87
Regular Contributor

The cards are reporting now - one open, one closed.

Both balance transfers went thru to my other cards.

So I am guessing next month they will report with balances, closed, unless I pay them off first.

Even though my account is locked out -- they said I still will receive statements. Hopefully I can pay them off as soon as possible to not cause any more problems.

As of now, I have given up trying to prove our eligibility - since it probably doesn't exist.

I did, however request other gramps info -- so we shall see. If it works out, great. If not, oh well. Got DH approved for Discover IT and Chase Freedom.

Thanks everyone for their kind words.

Even tho the one account shows as closed, my score did go up a little. Not sure if it will stay or not.

Message 90 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.