Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP for NFCU membership?

tag
hyp0luxa
Regular Contributor

Re: HP for NFCU membership?

@Madcat207 wrote:
So, like the OP, i decided to join NFCU this week (figured while i can, i may as well). Despite what the phone people said, I too had a HP on my credit. I hemmed and hawed a few days, but today decided that i may as well put my HP to use. Decided to apply, and got $25k! That that my credit was bad (previous best was a 13K CSP), but i wasn't really expecting it. the only question - how long does it take for the card to show up on your account? I guess i am paranoid, but with places like Chase, my cards have shown up instantly. I know a CU is probably slower, but any input?

It took about 4 days for the card to show up on my account, about 18 days to get it in the mail, and it's almost been a month and it's still not on my reports. My auto refi showed up on my reports within a couple of days though. I was sweating all those days, because I still didn't think it was real Smiley Tongue

Last TL/HP 7/29/2015 | Gardening till December 2015 at least...
AMEX PRG - NPSL | NASA Cash Rewards - 30k | NFCU Cash Rewards VS - 25k | AMEX Everyday - 18k |
Chase CSP 16.8k | BOA 3-2-1 VS - 12k | Fidelity AMEX - 12k | Citi Dividend - 11.3k | Barclays Sallie Mae WMC - 10k | PayPal Extras MC - 7.5k | WalMart MC- 7.5k | Cap1 QS One - 6k | Barclays Apple Visa - 5.7k | Chase Freedom VS - 5k
Message 21 of 30
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

OMG!!!!!! you pushed to the app and i just got approved for $10,000 CL!!!!  This is way higher than I expected, I was thinking 5K since Ive heard they are generous!!! This seriously throws me to the garden until our mortgage application in like 2 years!!!

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 22 of 30
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

well maybe it was the difference between 10k and 15k...but who knows bc my income is nothing compared to some of you guys.  I only make about 35K

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 23 of 30
hyp0luxa
Regular Contributor

Way to go! Congrats x10!

AMEX PRG - NPSL | NASA Cash Rewards - 30k | NFCU Cash Rewards VS - 25k | AMEX Everyday - 18k |
Chase CSP 16.8k | BOA 3-2-1 VS - 12k | Fidelity AMEX - 12k | Citi Dividend - 11.3k | Barclays Sallie Mae WMC - 10k | PayPal Extras MC - 7.5k | WalMart MC- 7.5k | Cap1 QS One - 6k | Barclays Apple Visa - 5.7k | Chase Freedom VS - 5k
Message 24 of 30
Madcat207

@hyp0luxa wrote:

@Madcat207 wrote:
So, like the OP, i decided to join NFCU this week (figured while i can, i may as well). Despite what the phone people said, I too had a HP on my credit. I hemmed and hawed a few days, but today decided that i may as well put my HP to use. Decided to apply, and got $25k! That that my credit was bad (previous best was a 13K CSP), but i wasn't really expecting it. the only question - how long does it take for the card to show up on your account? I guess i am paranoid, but with places like Chase, my cards have shown up instantly. I know a CU is probably slower, but any input?

It took about 4 days for the card to show up on my account, about 18 days to get it in the mail, and it's almost been a month and it's still not on my reports. My auto refi showed up on my reports within a couple of days though. I was sweating all those days, because I still didn't think it was real Smiley Tongue

So, were you also an instant approval? Glad to know it can be delayed.. I admit, at times, patience is not my forte..

Like you, I am hoping it stays real, as it will really help my util...

Message 25 of 30
hyp0luxa
Regular Contributor

@Madcat207 wrote:

@hyp0luxa wrote:

@Madcat207 wrote:

So, were you also an instant approval? Glad to know it can be delayed.. I admit, at times, patience is not my forte..

Like you, I am hoping it stays real, as it will really help my util...

I had the pre-selected offer as soon as I set up my online access. Took it and got an instant approval 20k Smiley Surprised I was shocked. I'm hoping this will help my other lines grow in the next few months, and boost starting CL's later this year when I app again (AMEX).

Message 26 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@hwturner17 wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Yes, they will pull TU for membership and EQ for apps.  Each app will be a new pull, however, once a member you can open checking/savings/money market accounts without additional pulls.

Are you saying that there will be 3 HP's when you open a membership account and include a checking a savings. Or are you saying once you are a member, they will HP you when you open additional accounts? 

I"m not denying any credit you apply for, whether it's at the time of the application or after will be an additional hard pull. I referring to checking and savings accounts, which were referred to earlier in this convo

The checking/savings accounts can be part of the membership and associated pull.  Every other app (CC, loan, LOC, etc) is a separate pull.  If I became a member and wanted a checking/savings accounts, a CC and LOC it would be 3 HPs total.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 27 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  You can also recon the CL with the same pull.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 28 of 30
Madcat207

For what its worth, i do now see the CC added to my account. Clicking on it, i get: "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later. For immediate assistance, please call us toll-free at 1-888-868-8123. For calls from within the Washington DC area, or outside the US, please call 703-255-8699. " But i suspect that is since things are still being set up. Exciting either way though!
Message 29 of 30
kaye1003

@madcat this is happening to me today when I try to access new credit card. Did you find out what the problem was?

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.