Did you mean: 

HP for NFCU membership?

tag
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

Re: HP for NFCU membership?

@JaB8199 wrote:
To OP
NFCU HP TU for me upon joining. I opened a savings & checking in February. One month later I app'd for NavCheck. A few weeks ago I received an invitation by mail to app the Cash Rewards. Both, NavCheck & cc app was HP on EQ.
@If you are rebuilding, I say go for it, it's worth it. I was hesitant to app the Cash Rewards due to recent card approvals, four in the past months. @Creditaddict gave me the push to app, & I'm glad for it.
DH was recently approved for a Cash Rewards ($5,000) with EQ of 595. His utility was 10% at the time he app'd. GL!

Thank you.  I really want a higher CL, my higher is only 2k and I just got it with HhGregg and it has $1,400 bc i used it for a new washer and dryer with 24 no interest, that balance is not reporting yet though, the CL is but not the balance. EQ is also my lowest score Smiley Sad  im soo afraid of a denial.  I also have 4 items in pending dispute with EQ so I should probably wait until those I removed (I REALLY HOPE THEY ARE REMOVED).  30 days are up next week Smiley Happy

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 11 of 30
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

I went ahead and joined.  The lady on the phone was super nice and said it would be 7-10 to get my account set up and going. Smiley Happy  Lets hope it is for the good

Message 12 of 30
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Great! When you're able to view your account online, if you get an offer to app for Cash Rewards, give it a go. They will more than likely approve you.
Welcome to the NFCU family!
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 13 of 30
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Oh. & The checking line of credit also.
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 14 of 30
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

well she said 7-10 days but just created my online account Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 30
Madcat207

So, like the OP, i decided to join NFCU this week (figured while i can, i may as well). Despite what the phone people said, I too had a HP on my credit. I hemmed and hawed a few days, but today decided that i may as well put my HP to use. Decided to apply, and got $25k! That that my credit was bad (previous best was a 13K CSP), but i wasn't really expecting it. the only question - how long does it take for the card to show up on your account? I guess i am paranoid, but with places like Chase, my cards have shown up instantly. I know a CU is probably slower, but any input?
Message 16 of 30
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

UUUHHH IT SAYS YOUR PRE-SELECTED FOR CASH REWARDS VISA....aHHHH THIS IS SOOO TEMPTING!!!!  IF I WASNT DISPUTING THOSE COs ON EQUIFAX i WOULD APPLY but Ill wait ahhh lol

Message 17 of 30
hyp0luxa
Regular Contributor

@Jess21 wrote:

UUUHHH IT SAYS YOUR PRE-SELECTED FOR CASH REWARDS VISA....aHHHH THIS IS SOOO TEMPTING!!!!  IF I WASNT DISPUTING THOSE COs ON EQUIFAX i WOULD APPLY but Ill wait ahhh lol

I would go ahead and apply. They already SP'd your EQ report.

Last TL/HP 7/29/2015 | Gardening till December 2015 at least...
AMEX PRG - NPSL | NASA Cash Rewards - 30k | NFCU Cash Rewards VS - 25k | AMEX Everyday - 18k |
Chase CSP 16.8k | BOA 3-2-1 VS - 12k | Fidelity AMEX - 12k | Citi Dividend - 11.3k | Barclays Sallie Mae WMC - 10k | PayPal Extras MC - 7.5k | WalMart MC- 7.5k | Cap1 QS One - 6k | Barclays Apple Visa - 5.7k | Chase Freedom VS - 5k
Message 18 of 30
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

but dont you think those baddies being disputed would prevent me from getting a higher CL?  I dont need another card with $1500 CL lol I would like higher lol

Message 19 of 30
hyp0luxa
Regular Contributor

I had 2 collections (now gone) on my EQ when I applied, my score was 653. They gave me 20k... just sayin'

waiting could mean the difference between 5k and 10k+ though...

Last TL/HP 7/29/2015 | Gardening till December 2015 at least...
AMEX PRG - NPSL | NASA Cash Rewards - 30k | NFCU Cash Rewards VS - 25k | AMEX Everyday - 18k |
Chase CSP 16.8k | BOA 3-2-1 VS - 12k | Fidelity AMEX - 12k | Citi Dividend - 11.3k | Barclays Sallie Mae WMC - 10k | PayPal Extras MC - 7.5k | WalMart MC- 7.5k | Cap1 QS One - 6k | Barclays Apple Visa - 5.7k | Chase Freedom VS - 5k
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.